LVN Unit Secretary
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
- License vocational nurse assists in the assessing, planning, implementation and evaluating of patient's needs under the supervision and direction of the RN.
- Minimum Work Experience: None
- Required Licenses/Certifications: Current LVN licensure with the State of Texas, Appropriate CPR Certification.
- Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: General knowledge of basic bedside nursing.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to age of the patients served in assigned area/department.
- The skills and knowledge to provide such care are gained through education, training, and/or experience.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the HMHD Compliance Plan.
- Conduct reflects HMHD’s values and a commitment to HMHD’s Code of Conduct.
- Attends the required corporate integrity and compliance training and education programs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in understanding the materials presented during the corporate integrity and compliance training and education program.
- Complies with all HIPAA standards.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support to patients, friends and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient friends and family to understand condition, medications and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing departments philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice acts and other governing agency regulations.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Maintains department specific certifications per policy.
- Maintains state Licensure.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current nursing techniques, skills, principles and the nursing process and utilizes this knowledge when caring for patients of all ages.
- Refers to policy and procedures when appropriate.
- Administers medications with awareness of indications, contraindications, major actions, dosages, methods of administration and major side effects.
- Perform shift assessment/reassessment per policy.
- Responds appropriately to serious or life threatening emergencies, and communicates effectively with the health care team.
- Provide input into plan of care.
- Evaluates patients' response to care and revises plan of care appropriately.
- Schedules and completes tasks with minimal supervision and in a timely manner.
- Knows and follows chain of command and maintains confidentiality of information.
Would you like to have a positive influence on the lives of patients and families in Hunt County, Texas? With a career at Hunt Regional Healthcare, you’ll have that chance.
As a member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to live out our mission and vision through service-oriented care. Hunt Regional aims to be the preferred health care system in the communities and surrounding areas we serve. We do that through state-of-the-art technology, continually advancing service lines, and through providing a safe healing environment and outstanding patient experience for each individual we treat. Our values and quality care set our organization apart.
Hunt Regional Healthcare is proud to offer a competitive benefits package that is designed to work for you. If you're looking for premium healthcare coverage, you've come to the right organization.
Core benefits include:
- Medical benefits
- Dental & vision benefits
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary accidental death & dismemberment
- Life insurance
We also provide a robust supplementary benefits package, including:
- Prescription coverage
- Wellness perks
- Employee counseling
- Retirement packages
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation time off
- Generous sick leave allowance
- Other voluntary benefits