- $48K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
The Head Chef will play an integral part of the functionality of Interstellar. This individual provides the leadership role in the kitchen, and is expected to offer highly organizational skills, as well as creative leadership examples in a fast-paced environment, and will oversee the day-to-day operations of the kitchen. We are looking for chefs with a passion for cooking, and someone who can help create intriguing menu ideas that fit into our concept of simple foods with limitless boundaries.
• Minimum 4 years kitchen experience as a head chef
• Strong leadership and team work skills
• The ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of different cuisines (At least 2)
• ServSafe Food handler’s license
• ServSafe Manager’s license
• Degree from a culinary arts training program preferred
• Excellent time management skills
• An attitude that is always curious, and improving
• Responsible work ethic
• Strong knowledge of cost control for labor and food costs
• Customer service skills (open kitchen)
• Eligible to work in the United States, and 18 years of age or older
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Has a passionate relationship with the culinary arts, and the desire to create a positive and fun work environment for the other staff members
• Possesses excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• The ability to provide quick response time, and follow ups
• The ability to read and write English at an advanced level
• Experience with Google Doc programs (Sheets, Pages), Microsoft Excel, relevant food costing software, POS and Quickbook systems
• Hiring, training and scheduling staff and assigning kitchen duties
• Ordering products and maintaining inventory
• Overseeing kitchen operations (logistics, ordering, cost control)
• Extraordinary cooking skills
• Maintaining cleanliness, precision, professionalism and execution; including at off-site events.
• Administering department rules and policies
• Work in tandem with the Owner, GM and Head Barista to strategize ways to improve overall restaurant operation
• Deliver high caliber, delicious food that is in line with the style of the Owner's taste
• Assist in the execution of private /special events
• Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisors
• Offer creative ideas for monthly specials
Interstellar is defined as: the space between two stars.
These stars represent our two cultures, Korean-American, and we identify with this space in between. Southern California is a melting pot of many different cultures and we strive to offer our guests delicious food that incorporates a variety of flavors from around the world. Our food is based on the concept of being “limitless” and bound to no specific cuisine.
Our goal is to help start off people’s day with a bright smile accompanied by awesome coffee food and wine.
This unique brunch space turns into a cozy, yet vibrant beer & wine spot at night.
We are looking for individuals who can help create a genuine, fun, positive and upbeat environment for both our team and guests. Our focus is heavily on genuine hospitality and exceptional quality.