RN House Supervisor SIGN ON BONUS
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
This position will work 6pm to 6am.
This position is responsible for the evaluation of nursing standards for the assigned shifts; evaluates organizational quality improvement issues; facilitates risk management programs, monitors and evaluates customer satisfaction, and initiates emergency plans as needed.. The House Supervisor coordinates the activities of the Nursing Division with other departments in order to provide continuity of quality care for a designated shift. They will facilitate relationships between patients, families, personnel, physicians and the community. Assumes responsibility and accountability for incorporating the vision, values, mission, and critical goals of the Friendship Retirement Corporation and Glencroft Senior Living into their job performance. Assists the Director of Nursing, in the management of the unit's assigned staff and resident population. May provide direct patient care according to needs of the unit and collaborates with medical care providers in executing the medical plan of care. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
- Evaluates availability of supplies and equipment necessary for shift, e.g. emergency equipment.
- Evaluates nursing standards for shift; evaluates organizational quality improvement issues; facilitates risk management programs, monitors and evaluates customer satisfaction, and initiates emergency plans as needed.
- Understands the role and accountability to achieve the highest level of nurse function appropriate to the defined culture.
- Acts as a resource person to Nurse Managers, unit staff, and other Represents administration in their absence; facilitates and supports organizational change. Uses evidence-based knowledge in decision making to improve and maintain high-quality, cost-effective patient care.
- Assists with performance evaluations for staffing resource personnel; Evaluates education and leadership development programs.
- Facilitates patient placement in conjunction with the Admitting Department; may assist utilization review process; collaborates with Nurse Manager regarding long and short-term staffing needs; supports the management of the capital and operational budget for all nursing departments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of healthcare service to support it with necessary resources and to ensure an excellent level of quality.
- Uses problem-solving skills. Responds to and/or facilitates change in patient care processes.
- Facilitates conflict resolution within the Nursing Division as well as other divisions; assists Public Relations in following incidents and events; facilitates a collegial relationship with the Medical Staff; identifies and facilitates understanding of interdepartmental issues; facilitates intra/interdepartmental communication and problem solving process by working with department managers and administrative representatives.
- Ability to absorb high levels of change. Values diversity: holds multiple perspectives.
- Participates in quality assurance and total quality management of Nursing Department in accordance with nursing practice standards and facility policy & procedures.
- Serves as an ambassador of goodwill to all potential and current residents and staff.
- Demonstrates respect for resident by maintaining resident's dignity and confidentiality, providing privacy and abiding by the resident's Bill of Rights.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.