- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Sticky’s Finger Joint began out of a love for chicken fingers, and the desire to think outside the box for a how a restaurant could serve them. The founders of Sticky’s thought there were a lot of New Yorkers who really loved chicken fingers but didn’t have a great place to get them. We also realized that there were endless flavors of dipping sauces that could pair well with a great chicken finger. And thus, Sticky’s was born! The first location opened on March 22nd, 2012 on West 8th Street in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan.
From the jump, Sticky’s was all about thinking creatively, and doing things differently than others. We launched with over 25 homemade dipping sauces on the menu, inspired by cuisines from around the world. We found local graffiti artists to put up original murals on the walls. We played energetic music and kept serving chicken ‘til the wee hours of the night. We hired people from all different backgrounds and wanted to make everyone feel at home when they were in the store.
As a Shift Supervisor for Sticky’s Finger Joint, you will assist the store General Manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts. As a Shift Supervisor, you will deploy crew members and delegate tasks to create a positive Sticky’s Experience for our customers by providing exceptional customer service with prompt service, quality food and beverage products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. You will be responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Sticky’s Finger Joint guiding principles and best of all, you’ll be part of a company that is committed to providing a great place to work for all crew members.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Sticky’s Finger Joint.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to General Manager so that the team can respond as necessary to maintain a positive environment.
- Assists with new crew member training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful coaching.
- Contributes to positive environment by recognizing alarms or changes in morale and performance and relaying to the GM.
- Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to crew members on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve crew member performance.
- Delivers exceptional customer service by acting with a customer comes first attitude and making meaningful connections.
- Develops positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, need and concerns.
- Follows Sticky’s operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security.
- Follows all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by team.
- Follows up with crew members during the shift to ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service.
- Provides quality food and beverage products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products; possesses current Food Handler’s Certificate.
- Recognizes and reinforces accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and by collaborating with General Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Be passionate about Sticky’s food and culture and have a strong desire to create exceptional moments
- Strong organizational, planning, prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Team-building and interpersonal skills
- Must have State/Local Food Handler's certifications (varies by city and state)
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures, customer service techniques and retail environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills