- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The NEW Black Bear Diner @ 7530 W. State St. 83714 is hiring an Experienced Line Cook!
Your previous experience working in Food Prep and the kitchen is essential to being successful in this role as we expect you to cook great food for customers, so they are satisfied and encouraged to come back to our restaurant.
As a Line Cook, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Consistently prepare, cook, plate and finish all food items according to Black Bear Diner procedures and standards.
- Comply with all food safety requirements such as checking and maintaining temperature, dating and labeling products, rotating products so that oldest is used first.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, burners, ovens and refrigeration equipment.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
- Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Complete side work for station and shift.
- Close the kitchen correctly. Follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing stations and the kitchen.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to work in an environment that is often hot, noisy, and congested.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- The opportunity to learn a lot, you’ll be working in our fast-paced kitchen
- Competitive Compensation based on experience
- The opportunity to work with an amazing team
- Discounted meals
Come join the team at this fast growing family dining concept, Apply Today!
Our Bear-ific Culture
The spirit and integrity of our brand starts with our staff. That’s why we only hire the beary best.
Our employees are:
- Self-motivated, with a competitive spirit that inspires others.
- Customer-focused and consistently driven to provide quality service.
- Energetic multi-taskers, who thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional in personal appearance and attitude.
- Friendly team players, ready to lend a hand whenever and wherever it’s needed.
- Skilled, with previous experience in the hospitality industry.
- Perfectly happy with all the bear puns they’re subjected to.
If this type of engaging culture excites you, we encourage you to apply today!