Restaurant Front of House Team Member
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
The NEW Black Bear Diner @ 7530 W. State St. 83714 is hiring for Server Support! We’re looking for versatile team members that are willing to working as Hosts, Cashiers, and Bussers.
No previous food service experience necessary!
As a Server Support Team member, you’ll be responsible for ensuring our guests have a positive and friendly experience.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Greet all arriving guests warmly and promptly.
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
- Seat guest guests based on guest preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations.
- When immediate seating is limited, record guest names and number of people in party. Provide guests with estimated waiting time. Call out name and number of party when tables become available.
- Upon seating, offer guests a menu. Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness.
- Relay messages to servers as needed.
- Maintain clean entrance, lobby, dining room, and restrooms.
- Assist servers in maintaining and stocking service stations.
- Transport bus tubs with dirty dishes to dish room if dish machine if needed.
- Clean and reset tables promptly. Clean chairs, booths, and surrounding carpet.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests requesting take out service, enter orders in our point-of-sale system.
- Process payments correctly and efficiently. Close checks.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as assigned.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Possess verbal and language skills to understand and communicate with guests.
- Possess basic math skills, operate a point-of-sale system, and have the ability to handle money.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver plates of food, as well as supplies weighing up to 10 pounds. Bussers need to be able to lift and transport bus tubs weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Flexible Schedules
- Competitive Compensation based on experience
- The opportunity to work with an amazing team
- Free or discounted meals
Our Bear-ific Culture
The spirit and integrity of our brand starts with our staff. That’s why we only hire the beary best.
Our employees are:
- Self-motivated, with a competitive spirit that inspires others.
- Customer-focused and consistently driven to provide quality service.
- Energetic multi-taskers, who thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional in personal appearance and attitude.
- Friendly team players, ready to lend a hand whenever and wherever it’s needed.
- Skilled, with previous experience in the hospitality industry.
- Perfectly happy with all the bear puns they’re subjected to.
If this type of engaging culture excites you, we encourage you to apply today!