Business Transient Sales Manager
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated hospitality sales professional who enjoys a fast-paced environment and is passionate about interacting with our clients, guests, and associates to strategically elevate the performance and reputation of the hotel. Develops strategic relationships with Key Accounts and growing local market share to drive revenue. This position is responsible for proactively soliciting corporate transient-related opportunities through a combination of tele-prospecting and direct sales to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
Education and Experience Required
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel, and Restaurant Manage Ideally, the candidate will also have at least two years of hotel sales experience (BT experience preferred).
Core Work Activities
Managing Sales Activities
- Fully develop and manage the Corporate Transient market segment, Consortia, and Project business.
- Leverage crucial Sales teams, i.e., Global Sales Organization, to ensure total account saturation.
- Anticipates and identifies business opportunities and challenges and responds with an appropriate strategy that aligns with the overall business direction.
- Increases local penetration of key potential accounts to optimize demand for the property.
- Leverages all available sales channels, e.g., industry trade shows/events, to optimize sales revenues.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
- Participate in weekly marketing and room merchandising meetings, monthly sales meetings, daily stand up, and monthly sales meetings as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Responsible for maintaining all Business Travel reporting on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Responsible for completing and implementing all RFPs
Building Successful Relationships
- Acts as the customer advocate through understanding the account needs and opportunities.
- Identifies emerging business opportunities and risks in the market to determine strategic Sales and Marketing implications and provides feedback to key stakeholders. Partners with key stakeholders in account planning and determining strategy execution approaches for the market.
- Manages relationships with the key accounts that drive business to the market to optimize account share for the hotel.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others convincingly and engagingly through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence, and command respect from others, make an excellent first impression, and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure completion of work.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve the performance of self and others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- Devising Sales Strategies and Solutions - Trying different and novel ways to deal with sales challenges and opportunities; taking courses of action or developing sales strategies that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
- Sales Opportunity Analysis - Ability to understand and utilize economic, financial, industry, and organizational data, accurately diagnosing customer needs and issues that can inform sales strategies.
- Selling Sales Approaches and Solutions - Skilled at developing and selling novel ways to deal with sales challenges and opportunities.
- Team-Based Selling – Can harness and leverage appropriate sales resources to facilitate goal accomplishment.
- Revenue Management - Knowledge of total hotel revenue management concepts, processes, and strategies (including sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing, and inventory management).
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses necessary computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates the ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues. Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates an understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.