Assistant General Manager
- $20.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
What’s the Scoop?
Ample Hills Creamery is the beloved Brooklyn-based, family-owned ice cream company started and run by husband and wife duo Brian Smith and Jackie Cuscuna. Since its first store opening in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn in 2011, the brand has been rated #1 in New York City by Zagat, named “Best Ice Cream in America” by Food Network, and has been featured in outlets such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, AdWeek, The TODAY Show, O, The Oprah Magazine, and more. Brian and Jackie now run twelve locations in New York City, New Jersey, Florida, and their first West Coast-location in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles, scooping cult-favorite flavors in their creative and playful style, like Salted Crack'd Caramel, Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, and The Munchies, with pints sold in retailers across the Northeast region including Whole Foods. In 2014, the duo debuted their first book, Ample Hills Creamery: Secrets and Stories from Brooklyn’s Favorite Ice Cream Shop (Stewart, Tabori and Chang). Ample Hills is looking to continue to grow their retail and wholesale footprint and to bring Brooklyn’s favorite ice cream shop to a neighborhood near you.
As an Assistant General Manager at Ample Hills, you will play an integral role in laying the foundation and fostering growth in our retail business. A solid foundation of store management experience and exceptional leadership skills are crucial. You will focus primarily on building a team of exceptional Amployees, executing processes and procedures that help us consistently provide amazing guest experience, and ensuring that our shops exceed defined financial, visual, and service performance standards and goals.
What’s Your Role:
- Understand and communicate Ample Hills values and brand philosophy to guests and Amployees.
- Manage daily scheduling, time off, and payroll matters for shop Amployees.
- Assist all shop product ordering and replenishment needs, partnering with the GM or Area Manager as needed.
- Partner with the GM or Area Manager to ensure schedule coverage is completed based on the needs of the business and that we are proactively hiring talent as needed.
- Develop, execute, and continuously improve all operational activities to ensure the shop exceeds financial and customer experience targets and maintains brand consistency and standards.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed to protect the company's inventory and assets and that safety is top of mind for all Amployees during their shift.
- Partner with the GM or Area Manager to recruit brand-right candidates, interview them, and select individuals that embody our core values and will stop at nothing to serve our guests.
- Manage expense targets and shop spend as dictated by the GM or Area Manager.
- Drive continuous performance improvement focusing on leading indicators and established key metrics. Must be balanced in your approach focusing on people, financial, customer experience, and shop standards metrics equally.
- Drive top-line sales performance by fostering customer connections through community marketing, throughout, and new flavor/product launches.
- Train, coach, and inspire all Amployees to deliver exceptional customer experiences and high quality operations ensuring a commitment to Ample Hills core values and neighborhood reputation.
- Partner proactively with your GM or Area Manager to ensure the right support is provided to the shops to improve performance and remove barriers to focusing on the customer, people, and results.
- Foster a positive, team-oriented environment with a healthy competitive spirit that ensures the sharing of best practices and a commitment to goal achievement and creating a “culture of yes.”
- Oversee and participate in parties and events execution at your shop to ensure customer experience is not compromised and that the teams support one another as needed to execute events flawlessly.
- Manage day to day health department food handling, cleanliness, and in-shop visuals standards.
- Appropriately communicate repairs and maintenance issues to senior management as needed.
- Work a minimum of 45 scheduled hours per week (40 hours with lunch breaks), most of which will be in-shop and on the shop floor.
What’s Your Skill Set?
- Innovative, proactive, analytical, and a team player
- Equipped with basic managerial experience in driving sales, operations, and hospitality with a guest-focused brand.
- Firmly established as a top performer with 1+ years of management experience.
- Enjoys having lots of fun at work and unafraid of being flexible and putting in long hours when the business requires it.
- Excited about building and managing a high performing retail team.
- Excellent organization, communication, decision making, and problem resolution skills
- Excellent team player – always in the game right along with their people.
- Can handle multiple tasks in an ever-evolving environment.
- Experience with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Etc), Google Docs, and POS systems.