- $55K - $60K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
SALT Restaurant & Bar
Seasonally inspired and locally sourced, savor fresh Californian cuisine at SALT for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A favorite among Marina del Rey restaurants, SALT seeks to inspire guests with an innovative take on modern American cuisine. Recently voted OpenTable Diner's Choice for "Best Ambiance and Outdoor Dining" on the Westside, each course presents a true feast for the senses.
“The company is family oriented and family friendly. They know who I am and they care about me as a team member and individual. I truly feel as though I have the opportunity to grow within the company.”
- Johnny, Restaurant Manager
Core functions of the position, but are not limited to the following;
• Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
• Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, maintaining quality products in accordance with Pacifica Hotel Company standards, providing guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
• Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Supervising and managing team members. Understanding team members’ positions well enough to perform duties in their absence.
• Administering payroll edits, reporting and time & attendance policies.
• Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards, monitoring performance and completing performance evaluations.
• Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail or in person.
• Maintaining complete knowledge at all times of: All hotel features/services, hours of operation, daily house count, expected arrival/departures and all department policies and procedures.
• Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Interviewing hourly food and beverage candidates making recommendations to Restaurant General Manager on new hires, pay rates and terminations.
• Responsible for purchasing all food and beverage items for restaurant and lounge with the approval from the Restaurant General Manager following policies and procedures set forth by Pacifica Hotel Company.
• Ensure proper cash handling and tip pay out procedures are being followed.
• Complete all required reports in a timely, accurate manner.
• Provide assistance to other team members and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department, restaurant and hotel.
• Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
• At least four years of experience in food preparation and restaurant operations
• College degree preferred
• Experience in hiring, training, supervision, forecasting, budget preparation, and cost control in food and labor. Proficient in training, coaching and counseling
• Ability to maintain good team member relations.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective guest relations.
• Ability to manage multi-departmental operations.
Health Benefits, Travel Perks & More
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k, Vacation and Sick Leave are offered with this position along with a Team Member Travel Program, encouraging each team member to visit sister properties and enjoy exclusive team member rates for rest and relaxation. We also encourage quarterly team building and giving back to the communities in which we work through regular volunteering, and select charity promotions throughout the year.