- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining at the resort. Restaurant Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. Servers are expected to have some basic cooking knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
A server's responsibilities depend greatly on the business; however, in all cases his or her primary duty is to provide good customer service, take orders, and deliver food. In most situations, servers are expected to answer questions regarding the menu. They work closely with other wait staff and the kitchen to ensure the restaurant is operated efficiently.
Additional duties of a restaurant server may also include:
- Processing payment
- Greeting customers
- Cleaning tables and dining area
- Prepares the tables, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks.
- Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items…etc.
- Handle the table bookings, direct customers to their tables, presenting menus, suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Prepare beverages including wine, spirits & beer and properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed & assisting with special events as needed.
- Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Greet customers, make suggestions, answer and present the menu
- Ensure quality service in the dining room and serve meals
- Prepare and serve dessert
- Prepare the bills for beverages and meals ordered, take the cash and make change, and then balance daily transactions
- Take reservations and greet the take-out counter customers
- Use sales techniques to retain customers and attract more
- Apply health regulations relating to cleanliness & apply safety regulations
- Comply with equipment usage guidelines & with maintenance guidelines for the restaurant
- Ensure your work area is clean & organize your work and work area professionally
- Clean and clear the dining room tables
- Do all other tasks as required by the supervisor
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous serving experience required.
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Must speak English fluently and be able to write in basic English. License/Qualifications:
- Food Handlers Card
Our philosophy is based on preparing and serving creative and innovative experiences with love and respect for food and our customers. We embrace exploring food without boundaries, gimmicks or pretense. We believe one of life’s greatest sources of joy is what happens when people come together to share a meal.