Medical Billing/Collections/AR Specialist - Team Lead
- $18.00 - $24.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Medical Billing Specialist/Collections - Team Lead
- Medical Dr, San Antonio, TX, USA
This a multi-location, multi-physican podiatry practice. They are a prominent and well established practice and are rapidly expanding. This practice prides itself in work/life balance, and pays for an exceptional insurance and benefits plan, including a matched 401K plan.
We are seeking a HEAVY MEDICAL COLLECTIONS (INSURANCE CARRIER or PATIENT COLLECTIONS) Patient Account Specialist for a busy specialty multi-physician podiatry practice in San Antonio, TX. Must be doing at least 80% collections in the present and past positions. Pay rate is: $ 18.00 to $ 24.00 Per hour.
- Will perform audits of patient accounts to ensure accuracy and timely payment.
- Aging reports on a monthly basis and reports inconsistencies; corrects errors as appropriate.
- Contact patients regarding delinquent accounts and arranges mutually acceptable payment schedules.
- Follow up on insurance billing to ensure timely receipt of payments.
- Will deal with patients and insurance companies regarding sensitive financial matters and recapture unpaid balances.
- Receive and resolve patient billing complaints and questions.
- Initiate adjustments as necessary and follow up on all zero payment EOBS and exercise all options to obtain claim payments.
- Review credit balance reports for the correct recipient of refund.
- Reconcile refund accounts; attached documentation and forwards to the supervisor to process refund checks.
- Identify problems on accounts and follows through to conclusion
- Respond to insurance companies requests for information in a prompt and professional manner.
- Review appropriate files to identify deceased patients and estates; verifies dollar amounts and files estate to the appropriate court in a timely manner.
- Make financial arrangements for payment of patient accounts and follow up to determine if payment arrangements are being met; contacts patients to resolve problems; respond to correspondence or telephone calls from patients about accounts
- Will review EOBs to ensure proper reimbursement of claims and reports any problems, issues, or payor trends to supervisor.
- Have a high school diploma and/or GED.
- Must have at least 3 years of A/R experience for a multi-physician practice. Must have recent working experience with adjustments, appeals, denials, credits, dealing with insurance companies and patients.
- Must have at least 5-7 years experience in a medical business office setting.
- Must have demonstrated work history on high dollar collections, appeals and in dealing with insurance carriers, patients, and collection agencies.
- Must have strong computer knowledge working with various billing applications/software.
- Must be dependable and willing to work extended hours - occasionally.
- Experience with surgical billing & coding a plus
- Orthopedic or Podiatry background a plus