Busser / Utility
- $10.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
- The Busser/Utility is responsible for removing all the used dishes and tableware and preparing the table in a professional manner for new guests and to run all room service order in a friendly and prompt manner.
- Looking for coverage for AM and PM shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Removes all dishes and other items from table following the meal.
- Cleans and professionally prepares table for new guests in accordance to the company’s standards
- Performs cleaning side work as assigned.
- Completes all service paperwork as required.
- Supports waiters and kitchen staff in other duties as required.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Take room service up to guest rooms promptly
- Removes dirty room service trays from guest floors
- Provides friendly service to all guests
- The physical ability to carry heavy trays and tubs filled with various dishes.
- The physical ability to balance heavy items.
- Previous restaurant experience strongly preferred.
- High energy and stamina are required.
- The ability to stay calm and work efficiently under pressure.
- The ability to prioritize job duties and manage time effectively.
- Strong verbal communication skills required.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Excellent customer service to treat patrons like family.
- The ability to read menus, safety documents, etc.
- Must be able to provide proof of Hepatitis A vaccinations. If you have not received the vaccination, you will be required to before starting work. This is in accordance with St. Louis City Ordinance 64004.
The work that bussers do is both physically and mentally demanding. They are on their feet much of the time. Bussers must work well under pressure and exercise tact and patience when dealing with other employees and customers. Bussers typically work forty to forty-eight hours a week. However, because the restaurant serves the public and are open on weekends and at night, Bussers may work longer, irregular hours.
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk with heavy trays/tubs (up to 50 pounds). The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms: climb or balance: and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific sensory abilities required by this job include sight, taste, smell, and hearing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to raw meat, moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, hazardous materials, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The Moonrise Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri, blends cool modern design and quirky sophistication to create a truly unique boutique hotel experience. Located in The Loop- one of St. Louis' most vibrant shopping, dining and entertainment districts- the hotel offers guest a wide array of leisure activities.
We are a family of people who care about one another. From our guests, to our co-workers, to our community we put people’s needs first. We ASPIRE to help others and improve ourselves by being present, having a positive and respectful attitude, being honest and keeping our word, providing exciting service, and most importantly having fun!
TOP REASONS TO WORK FOR US:
- We've got a great product to sell!
- We have fun at work, but get the job done.
- We are independently minded and we hire people that are the same way.
- We take the competition seriously, but not ourselves.
- We are lively, enthusiastic, and fast moving
- We do what we say we are going to do and we are who we say we are.
- We're colorful, quirky, and stylish!
- We have a great benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 401k, and more.
- We do not give you scripts, we like your free spirit, but we're professional.
- 100% of our employees have rated the hotel as a place they are proud to work at, year after year.