GENERAL MANAGER | PALIHOTEL SAN FRANCISCO
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Paligroup Management is currently seeking a personable, motivated and experienced individual to join our team as The General Manager at Palihotel San Francisco (opening Fall 2019) in Union Square.
The General Manager will oversee Front Desk, Housekeeping, Property Maintenance Team, Sales Team and the Food and Beverage Team. This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
General Manager job duties include, but are not limited to:
DIRECTING TEAM MEMBERS:
- Hire, train, supervise, coach and counsel all team members to ensure employee performance consistency, diligent follow-through and accountability.
• Prepare and perform performance management evaluations.
• Guide team members in their jobs and development.
• Drive guest satisfaction by maintaining product and service quality standards, including regular property inspections, ensuring completion of brand and Company training programs and initiating corrective action as necessary.
• Ensure that team members have proper appearance and are wearing their uniforms according to policies and procedures.
• Verify that regular ongoing communication is happening within the departments (e.g., pre-shift briefings, team meetings, etc).
• Maintain adherence to Front Desk, Food & Beverage, Engineering and Operations related manuals.
• Create and ensure all SOP's, policies, procedures and service standards are followed.
• Set goals and expectations for team members using the performance review process that holds staff accountable for successful performance.
• Accepts responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of the hotel guests and employees.
• Respond appropriately in the event of any hotel emergency or safety situation and comply with all local codes and ordinances with a focus on guest and employee safety.
• Communicate follow-up actions to team members as necessary.
• The ability to conduct and or participate in the performance review of all Planning Committee members and the development of any manager assigned as a mentee.
• Meet with the Senior Corporate Director | Hotel Operations on a regular basis to review staffing requests, morale, disciplinary situations, and hotel employees. Able to aid in the development of existing personnel and assist in the recruitment of new employees.
• Conduct monthly Front Desk Team Meetings as well as weekly meetings with Food & Beverage, Sales & Marketing and Repairs & Maintenance team members.
MANAGING GUEST EXPERIENCE:
• Continuously strive to improve and maintain guest experiences.
• Review guest feedback with leadership team and verify that appropriate corrective action is taken for both positive and negative reviews.
• Respond to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Stay visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Facilitate day-to-day creative solutions to address any obstacles in implementing the best guest satisfaction results possible.
• Manage and coach team members on guest recovery and service.
PROPERTY MAINTENANCE & HOUSEKEEPING:
• Monitor condition of properties, cleanliness, cost control, and quality of product and service.
• Ensure the hotel is well maintained.
• Conduct comprehensive weekly walk-troughs with housekeeping, housemen and maintenance team members.
• Ensure quality of furniture, fixtures and other items are up to hotel standards.
• Supervise the preventative maintenance and regular scheduled cleaning programs.
• Obtain quotes and resolve repair needs ongoing.
• Manage relationships with suppliers and purveyors.
• Work with the Company's Design Team to facilitate ongoing FF&E requirements.
• Drive monthly housekeeping as well as maintenance review meetings.
COST CONTROL & MANAGING REVENUE GOALS:
• Monitor Operations performance against budgets.
• Manage property departmental checkbooks monthly.
• Focus on maximizing the financial performance of the department.
• Effectively manage wages and controllable expenses.
• Ensure property repairs and upgrades are performed in a cost effective and timely manner.
• Confer with Corporate Director of Finance on an ongoing basis.
FOOD & BEVERAGE:
- Oversee all Food & Beverage functions to ensure excellent customer service, quality control of products, and to maximize departmental revenue and profits.
• Ensure Food & Beverage team members provide professional, friendly and engaging customer service.
• Ensure all service standards and protocols are being followed for both Front and Back of House staff.
• Ensure any customer concerns are being addressed quickly and professionally.
• Manage all Food & Beverage operations budgets.
• Develop and implement cost-saving and profit-enhancing measures as appropriate.
• Review, prepare, and update forecast as needed
• Assist Events Manager to plan, organize and execute special events.
• Works with the Executive Chef to develop and implement menus and give input on menu items, as appropriate.
• Interview, select, train, counsel, and discipline all Food & Beverage team members and activities.
• Work directly with staff to ensure all Food & Beverage quality, service, and cleanliness standards are strictly adhered to.
• Ensure all opening and closing duties are conducted at the appropriate times and done in an efficient, effective, and timely manner, and done to company standards.
• Maintain inventory protocols and systems.
• Schedule all Food & Beverage staff (AM + PM).
• Send email blasts as necessary to Food & Beverage team members outlining any news or memos, as they relate to Food & Beverage operations and offerings.
• Host regular Food & Beverage team meetings, in conjunction with other Food & Beverage leadership.
• Oversee implementation of Open Table and any other Food & Beverage reservation systems (including phone and email protocol).
• Manage comps and discounts.
• Manage server staff tip log, ADP Time clock, cash bank and POS
SALES & MARKETING:
- Have regular active involvement in the Sales, Marketing and Revenue Management functions, including driving key sales metrics (RevPAR, ADR, Occupancy)
• Work with the Sales & Marketing leadership team to develop effective strategies to address room sales potential.
• Work with Sales & Marketing leadership oversee execution as well as remove any obstacles to success and assure appropriate resources are available to achieve business results.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Opening hotel experience a plus
- Must possess a positive attitude
• Must be service oriented
• Must be able to multi-task
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, analytical, and managerial organizational skills
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
• Ability to prioritize and organize.
• Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word); ability to adapt to new technology and
• Perform job junctions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
• Prioritize, organize, and follow up.
• Be hands-on, with a "roll-up-your-sleeves" attitude
• Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
• Follow directions thoroughly.
• Work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to carry up to 40lbs.
• Ability to walk, stand and bend continuously throughout the day.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
About Paligroup Management:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its Chief Executive and President.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.
Paligroup's Brands are synonymous with neighborhood authenticity, style, innovation and success. We are convinced that this combination of custom-tailored place-making and unique social experiences increases performance, market share and overall pricing power.