- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
- Kitchen staff management
- Primary maker of hand crafted, thin crust, wood fired pizzas
- Ensure production and consistency of dough
- Report to Restaurant Manager
- Active food handlers card
- Training Asst. Pizzaiolos
- Organizing kitchen and maintain cleanliness standards throughout
- Ordering and Receiving, kitchen inventory
- Working with Executive Chef on specials, new menu items, and all aspects of kitchen requirements, etc.
- Schedule kitchen staff
- Health Department compliance
- Compliance with Local and State health and labor laws
- Maintain temperature logs of refrigerator units as required by health department
- Organizing walk-ins
- Maintain ovens and assure proper temperatures for cooking and maintenance of firewood supply
- Assist in Kitchen prep as needed
- Organized and skilled pizza making abilities
- Ability to communicate with all kitchen and wait staff
- Excellent knife skills
- Meal plan/free food
- Health insurance for all full time employees
- 401k and vacation pay for all employees after 1 year
- 25% off health club membership
- Sick pay
For more than 22 years, Chef Lisa Dahl has pioneered the culinary scene in Sedona, Ariz. as the executive chef and owner of four amazing restaurants in Northern Arizona's red rock country. Dahl & Di Luca Ristorante Italiano, Cucina Rustica, Pisa Lisa and the newest, most buzzed-about addition, Mariposa Latin Inspired Grill have earned international acclaim.
Dahl was the first to introduce fine dining to the small town of Sedona in the late ‘90s, and she remains the largest restaurateur in the area with accolades spanning the culinary spectrum. In recent years, she is widely credited for Sedona's emergence as a national "foodie destination." Along with being a self-taught chef and successful restaurateur, Dahl is also a best-selling cookbook author and designer, having designed the interiors of each of her restaurants.
She lives by her mantra, “when you cook with love, you feed the soul” and believes that flavors should never be overworked, food should speak for itself and only the best ingredients should prevail.
After shedding her life in the Bay Area and a career in the fashion industry following a family tragedy and the loss of her son Justin, Dahl sought healing and moved to Sedona, a town famous for its healing powers, spiritual energy, and fabled vortexes. Once there, she unearthed a passion for cooking, one she and Justin shared, and a new-found love of fostering memorable dining experiences with simple, fresh and uncomplicated dishes as the centerpiece.
Today, Dahl Restaurant Group welcomes more than 400,000 guests per year across all four restaurants and employs close to 250 people, many of whom have been with the company for 15 years.
Dahl has been a twice featured chef at the James Beard House in New York City. She has sold more than 16,000 copies of her award-winning cookbook, The Elixir of Life. Most recently she beat Arizona's top male chefs for the title of "Burger Battle Champion" in Scottsdale, Ariz., thus qualifying for the 2018 World Food Championships reprising her 2016 win.