Staff RN - Inpatient
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
- Registered nurse is responsible for collaborating, planning, directing and implementing patients care for all ages.
- The RN develops and guides patient education and evaluates the process using standards of care.
- Minimum Work Experience: None
- Required Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure with the State of Texas, Appropriate CPR
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the HMHD Compliance Plan.
- Conduct reflects HMHD’s values and a commitment to HMHD’s Code of Conduct.
- Attends the required corporate integrity and compliance training and education programs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in understanding the materials presented during the corporate integrity and compliance training and education program.
- Complies with all HIPAA standards.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support to patients, friends and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient friends and family to understand condition, medications and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing departments philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice acts and other governing agency regulations.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Maintains department specific certifications per policy.
- Maintains state Licensure.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current nursing techniques, skills, principles and the nursing process and utilizes this knowledge when caring for patients of all ages.
- Refers to policy and procedures when appropriate.
- Administers medications with awareness of indications, contraindications, major actions, dosages, methods of administration and major side effects.
- Perform shift assessment/reassessment per policy.
- Responds appropriately to serious or life threatening emergencies, and communicates effectively with the health care team.
- Provide input into plan of care.
- Evaluates patients' response to care and revises plan of care appropriately.
- Schedules and completes tasks with minimal supervision and in a timely manner.
- Knows and follows chain of command and maintains confidentiality of information.
- Required documentation specific to Registered Nurse includes the RN ADMISSION ASSESSMENT, completed within 24hrs of a all patient admissions to an inpatient unit (ICU, TELEMETRY WEST, TELEMETRY EAST/OBSERVATION, SURGICAL 4W, ACUTE REHAB UNIT).
- Registered Nurses are required to administer specific IV medications per policy.
- Registered Nurses are required to "check off" blood and blood products and initiate transfusions per policy, then able to delegate to an LVN.
- Performs and documents reassessments per policy.
- Responds appropriately to serious and/or life threatening emergencies and communicates effectively to healthcare team.
- Develop nursing plan of care, prioritizing identified problems and needs.
- Evaluates patients' response to care and revises plan of care accordingly.
Would you like to have a positive influence on the lives of patients and families in Hunt County, Texas? With a career at Hunt Regional Healthcare, you’ll have that chance.
As a member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to live out our mission and vision through service-oriented care. Hunt Regional aims to be the preferred health care system in the communities and surrounding areas we serve. We do that through state-of-the-art technology, continually advancing service lines, and through providing a safe healing environment and outstanding patient experience for each individual we treat. Our values and quality care set our organization apart.
Hunt Regional Healthcare is proud to offer a competitive benefits package that is designed to work for you. If you're looking for premium healthcare coverage, you've come to the right organization.
Core benefits include:
- Medical benefits
- Dental & vision benefits
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary accidental death & dismemberment
- Life insurance
We also provide a robust supplementary benefits package, including:
- Prescription coverage
- Wellness perks
- Employee counseling
- Retirement packages
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation time off
- Generous sick leave allowance
- Other voluntary benefits