ROOMS SUPERVISOR | PALIHOTEL WESTWOOD VILLAGE
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
PALIHOTEL WESTWOOD VILLAGE | ROOMS SUPERVISOR
Palisociety is currently seeking a personable, motivated and experienced individual to join our team as the Rooms Supervisor at Palihotel Westwood Village
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
An experienced Hotel Assistant Supervisor / Assistant Manager who has a passion for leading a team and providing genuine guest service as well as a knack for personalizing guest experiences. A proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team. A confident individual who has the ability to think clearly on your feet and under pressure.
Assist in overseeing Front Desk, Housekeeping, Property Maintenance Teams, Valet standards and Hotel Overnight Agents. Operate the hotel at a level that meets and exceeds the standards of our Guests. Develop, engage, encourage, and motivate staff at all times. Maintain physical attributes and cleanliness of the property.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS The Rooms Supervisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with managing all operational functions of the hotel.
- Hold regularly scheduled meetings with staff.
- Ensure full compliance of Hotel operating controls, SOP's, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Assist with all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handle complaints and oversee service recovery procedures.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Develop improvement actions and carry out cost savings.
- Assist in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment.
- Assist with managing third-party vendor relationships for essential equipment and services.
- Hire key staff members
- Coordinating with staff for all activities and functions.
- Arranging the weekly staff schedule.
- Management of all on-property staff.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of staff and take ownership of guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to team members.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hospitality professional with outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work when needed including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and shifts – weekends & holidays as needed by the department.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to speak and communicate clearly and concisely.
- Must use good judgment.
- Must work as a team to drive results.
- Must be an organized individual and prioritize well.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations, work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize well.
- Must have a good work ethic.
- Must display a positive attitude.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Front Office / Guest Service / Rooms Manager or Asst. Manager.
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
- Experience: Minimum one year managerial experience within a luxury hotel setting.
ABOUT PALIHOTEL WESTWOOD VILLAGE
Palihotel Westwood Village is a 54-room boutique hotel nestled in Westwood Village, one of the most recognized university towns in the country. The hotel embodies a mix of mid-century modern with Parisian eclecticism, all set in a delightful historic building that was once home to the Westwood Village’s first ever hotel from 1939. Poised as the most stylish, design-forward hotel in Westwood Village, Palihotel Westwood Village is located at 1044 Tiverton Avenue.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.
ABOUT PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its CEO.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.
Paligroup Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Paligroup does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.