CDL-A Feed Delivery Driver
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is to provide safe, efficient transport and delivery of animal feed. The incumbent will make numerous trips from the Mill to multiple farms, ranging in distance. Responsibilities include verifying feed ordered, opening and loading appropriate feed into correct bins, completion of mileage reports, DOT reports, . Drives tractor-trailer applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver feed. This involves driving in a safe manner, being conscientious, responsible and alert. The applicant must comply with all applicable state and federal DOT regulations, OSHA rules, and bio-security policies governing the farms entered by the driver.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Vehicle/Trailer Inspection: Conduct and record pre and post trip inspection report.
- Bio-security: Observe & follow company policy including wearing proper coveralls, hair net and plastic boots. Disposing of all items appropriately.
- Employee is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Work schedule can vary and will be assigned by supervisor.
- Employee must be able to climb feed bin and operate feed dispensing units.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements
- Knowledge of principles rules and regulations set forth by DOT (Department of Transportation), the FMCSR handbook and company rules.
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license and a minimum of one (1) year verifiable experience, feed haul experience a plus.
- Must have an acceptable driving record. No DUI within last 5 years.
- Must be able to understand written sentences and effectively communicate as well as possess basic mathematical skills (record keeping & documentation).
- Incumbent will be exposed to outdoor weather regularly as well as having to load feed into bins.
- Safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, safety vest, hearing protection and work boots.