- $12.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
***This organization participates in E-Verify***
The server assistant is responsible to ensure that empty tables are ready to receive new guests. When guests depart, bussers remove dirty dishes, sanitize the table, clean the seats and if necessary, sweep or vacuum the surrounding floor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Promptly greet guests as they are seated.
• Serves as an assistant to servers.
• Respond appropriately to guest requests. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
• Clears away dirty dishes, sanitize and sets tables, clean the seats and if necessary, sweep or vacuum the surrounding floor in a professional and effective manner.
• Help servers bring food out to a table, restock utensils, napkins and other dining room needs.
• Grooming of the entire restaurant and its perimeters.
• Serve guests, bread, water and butter, and provide refills as needed.
• Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course.
• Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
• Stock all service areas and maintaining adequate supplies during meal period.
• Ensure that each and every guest is treated in a friendly, professional, and timely manner.
• Thank guests as they are leaving.
• Maintain personal health and sanitation standards based on health regulations.
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• To follow all company/bar safety rules, policies, and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
• Minimum of one years of experience as busser.
• Minimum of two years of experience in restaurant industry preferred.
• High school diploma.
• Food Handlers permit required.
• Basic Math Skills add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Good communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests.)
• Customer service orientation.
• Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Time management.
• Multi-task oriented.
• Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Constant walking with some standing.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop
• Frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
• Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
• Exposure to extreme heat.
• The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
• Members only community (More of one on one relationship with customers)
• The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
• Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
This winter, “Paley.” debuts in the heart of Hollywood, a neighborhood undergoing a renaissance. Paley is the first West Coast opening from Plan Do See, a top global hospitality group.
Located in the iconic former CBS building, Paley is named in celebration of the artistic and innovative era shaped by its progressive visionary leader William S. Paley and his wife Babe. The 245-seat restaurant features an expansive glass wall and outdoor patio overlooking a sculpture plaza, and offers California cuisine based on French modern technique with global flavors and local sourcing.
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE AMERICA
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company with a core business in hotels, restaurants & bars, wedding & events, and consulting. Plan Do See’s headquarters are located in Tokyo and New York. Their mission is to create hospitality destinations around the world that offer memorable experiences and together build a lasting, positive relationship with our guests, partners, employees and communities. Plan Do See has been honored with a top 3 spot on the list of The Best Workplaces in Japan recognized for its dedication to sustain high-trust cultures for their employees.