PALIGROUP | DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Paligroup is seeking a Director of Human Resources to work with the company’s portfolio of hotels by supporting each property with respect to employee relations, benefit administration, recruitment and training. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for developing and recommending the company’s HR objectives for the short and long term and offers the opportunity to exercise the candidate’s expert knowledge and display unique talents as a respected Executive Committee team member.
Our ideal candidate is an individual capable of maintaining the HR department in a highly organized and procedurally detailed fashion andfurthermore is able (and enjoys) working in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment where the decision-making process is efficient and expedient.
Team members, from property level to senior managers, will actively seek your counsel because you are trustworthy, solution-minded, and knowledgeable. You are skilled in maneuvering conflict into problem-solving and have a proven record of achieving departmental and business goals.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
Our desired candidate will have a minimum of 7 to 10 years of Human Resources experience in hospitality (lifestyle/luxury) and a proven track record of HR Management. You must be collaborative, approachable, and visible. Superior communication and presentation skills, both oral and written, are critical. You are well versed in critical thinking, culture awareness and business acumen.
Must have the ability to be an effective listener and problem solver and work with all stakeholders. Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to foster high levels of accountability through fair performance management processes. You should be a hands-on leader who enjoys being in the trenches with the all members of the team. Our candidate will have a reputation and a legacy of exemplifying the highest standards of integrity, honesty and discretion.
Human Resources Functions, including but not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
- Plan, organize and control all activities of the HR department. Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and procedure
- Employee Relations
- Employee Training
- Process new hires and terminations, prepare packets and orientations, ensure completion of all documentation and including:
- Filing of paperwork, PAFS, memos and creation and maintenance of all employee files and records
- Maintenance of HRIS system, new hires, terminations, changes
- Communicating with management team on laws, regulations and requirements
- Assisting management staff with progressive discipline and executing write ups
- Creation and maintenance of legally required files
- Oversee employee benefits programs, eligibility, open enrollment, terminations, payments
- Create and maintain job descriptions
- Post job advertisements and set up interviews for department heads (attends if required)
- Assist managers with ongoing recruiting and interviewing
- Weekly Manager Meetings to assist department managers with training and implementing policies and procedures
- Participate in employee counseling sessions
- Creation, implementation, and maintenance of work place safety procedures
- Respond to all EDD, Workers Compensation, and legal requests
- Insurance benefits enrollments, cancellations, waivers, terminations
Bachelors Degree required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.
ABOUT PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its CEO.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.