Kitchen Assistant Manager
- $15.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
The Kitchen Assistant Manager is a member of our manager team who’s focus is solely in the kitchen, ensuring product quality and readiness. The role of a KAM is to help open the location, be a manager on site for an employee issues, and ensure the kitchen is started properly for the day.
The Kitchen Assistant Manager is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
· Treats team members with respect and warmth.
· Trains all new hires in the kitchen, following training plan and procedures.
· Maintains the brand image by ensuring restaurant cleanliness, maintenance and excellent service.
· Ensures that all recipes are followed and executed according to the standards set by Dos Toros.
· Works with members of the management team, identifying areas of opportunity in the kitchen.
· Complies with all Federal and State labor laws.
· Ensures total compliance with all policies and procedures that have been set by HQ.
· Maintains all Board of Health standards, with the expectation of receiving the letter grade “A”. Brings any issues to the attention of the General Manager.
· Maintains all equipment and assists with maintenance.
· Provides the General Manager with feedback related to kitchen performance.
· Ensures that all kitchen staff are taught how to execute catering orders flawlessly.
· Conducts regular visual and taste tests to ensure food is of highest quality and prepared to specification, takes corrective action when it is not.
· Ensures that the front line is prepared and stocked for peak periods and that the kitchen is preparing smaller batches more frequently during slow periods.
· Helps set up the prep sheet for the days production.
· Assists the GM with ordering product for the store.
· Is open to move locations as business needs dictates. Commute will be taken into consideration.
· Must have Food Handlers card.
· Must be able to comfortably lift up to 40 lbs.
· Must be comfortable standing for long periods of time in one place.
· Must be able to speak in the common language-English
· Must show leadership qualities
Our Core Values
TOTAL RESPECT We respect our guests and appreciate their decision to walk in our door. We respect each other and value the hard work we do together. We respect the earth by sourcing high quality ingredients and promoting sustainability. We respect our restaurants by keeping them sparkling and treating them with care.
GENUINE WARMTH Our friendliness and warmth towards our guests never fails to make their day better. Our warmth and support with each other makes Dos Toros a great place to work. Our warm and inviting atmosphere is fun and groovy. Yes, groovy. Our warm and delicious food is comforting and highly crave-able.
UNCOMPROMISING EXPERTISE We don't take any shortcuts when it comes to flavor - we do things the hard way. We are experts at prepping our ingredients and executing our recipes accurately. We assemble our food expertly - with speed and care. We are experts at food safety and sanitation, and stay vigilant against carelessness.