- $15.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
We are a soon to open plant based burger restaurant in Los Feliz looking for lead cooks to join the team.
We are looking for a lead cook to supervise daily back of house restaurant operations.
Responsibilities include supervising the food prep and cooking, maintaining a fully-stocked kitchen inventory and complying with safety and cleanliness standards. To be successful in this role, you should be able to manage our kitchen staff and guide them to deliver quality food on time.
Ultimately, you will ensure all plates are properly cooked and served and our customers have a pleasant dining experience.
Must have 2+ years of restaurant experience in a full service, moderate to high volume restaurant.
Culinary school background a plus.
- Ability to work any line station
- Expedite food/service/tickets on kitchen side
- Establish portion sizes Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles
- Active ServSafe Food Safety Certificate
- Communicates well
- Positive attitude
- Calm under pressure
- Assists with training of kitchen personnel as well as food service staff
- Mentor kitchen personnel in improving and growing their skill set
- Conflict management abilities
- Store food products in compliance with safety practices (e.g. in refrigerators)
- Maintains organized prep sheets
- Complies with all sanitation standards
- Carries out Data entry of inventory, purchases/ invoices
- Interacts with food and beverage ownership to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of guests
- Maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all areas and equipment
- Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Solid track record of success in previous assignments demonstrating upward career tracking.
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish a plus
- Able to work eight hour-plus shifts, plus ability to stand, sit, squat or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work closing shifts and evenings as needed.
- Able to grasp, reach overhead, push, lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Finger/hand dexterity to operate kitchen machinery, knives, etc.
- Ability to withstand changes in temperature, occasional smoke, steam and heat and work in a confined area.
- Must possess hearing, visual and sensory abilities to observe and detect emergency situations; also to distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature and presentation and preparation.
Ultimately, we want you to use your career experience and talents to help the restaurant reach its financial goals through skillful management in the categories of labor, food cost and kitchen supplies.
This is the first of many stores to come. Nights and weekends are required. Expect to work 50 - 55 hours / week. Large opportunities for growth. Best of Luck in your job search! To indicate that you actually read this entire job ad, please title your e-mail application “Busy Bee – Lead Cook – (Your Name)”.
We are an employer that pledges to not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.