- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Eataly Los Angeles is seeking talented Servers to join our team at Terra for AM shifts!
Responsible for coordinating entire service station and communicating with front and back-of-the-house personnel to provide a dining experience that meets or exceeds guest expectations. Processes guest orders to ensure that all items are prepared properly and on a timely basis. May present, open, and pour wine/beer when serving guests. Observes diners to ensure that guests are satisfied with the food and service, responds to additional requests, and determines when the meal has been completed. Totals bill and accepts payment, makes change or prepares credit card voucher. May refer payment to cashier. May assist bus person with stocking, removing, and resetting dishes and silverware between courses, and cleaning and resetting vacated tables.
As an ambassador of Eataly products and services, the Server is responsible for helping to create and maintain quality experiences for each guest that comes to Eataly. Eataly ambassadors are expected to actively engage with guests and spend quality time with each customer.
Restaurants within Eataly Los Angeles:
LA PIAZZA — La Piazza is a standing enoteca in the heart of Eataly, La Piazza is modeled after a jovial Italian city square, where friends and families gather every day for wine and antipasti. Each corner serves different specialties and dishes coming directly from the surrounding counters or corners, from fresh oysters to cured meats and cheeses.
LA PIZZA & LA PASTA — La Pizza & La Pasta features two of the best-loved Italian dishes: Napoli-style pizza and al dente pasta. Enjoy our seasonal selection just steps away from our expert pasta chefs and dough-slinging pizzaioli (pizza makers).
Il PESCE — Il Pesce features fresh seafood that we responsibly source and sell around the corner at our seafood counter. Every day, we offer a fresh selection of oysters, in addition to the catch of the day served crudo, pan-seared, roasted, and more.
TERRA — Terra features cuisine inspired by earth and fire. The dining room centers around a wood-burning Italian grill. Pair the playful and plentiful grilled dishes with herb-infused cocktails, rare wines, and barrel-aged beers.
Essential Job Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
1. Obtains assigned service station at start of work shift.
2. Greets guests and presents them with the menu. Informs guests of specials and menu changes, makes suggestions, and answers questions regarding food, beverages, allergies and service.
3. Takes food and beverage orders from guests (either written or memorized), and relays order to kitchen staff and bartender as appropriate using a POS system.
4. Processes guests’ orders to ensure all items are prepared properly and on a timely basis. Communicates with host/hostess, bus persons, runners, kitchen staff, and bartenders, and coordinates entire station to ensure guest satisfaction with the food and service.
5. May present, open, and pour wine/beer when serving guests.
6. Observes diners to ensure that guests are satisfied with the food and service, responds to any additional requests, and determines when the meal has been completed.
7. Totals bill and accepts payment, makes change or prepares credit card voucher. May refer payment to cashier.
8. May assist bus person with stocking work stations, removing, and resetting soiled dishes and silverware from table at conclusion of each course, and cleaning and resetting vacated tables.
9. Accurately responds to special food requests and dining needs.
10. Adheres to all standard steps of service as recommended by department.
11. Adheres to all company and department procedures, policies, expectations and quality standards.