Events Operations Coordinator
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The TAO GROUP is a leading restaurant and nightlife company that develops, owns and operates many of the most successful food, beverage and nightlife entertainment venues in the United States and Globally.
Check us out at:
This position is located in the Heart of Hollywood, California.
- Hourly position
- Flexible work schedule to include weekends
- Non-exempt position
REPORTS TO: Senior Event Operations Manager
Under the supervision of the Events Team, this position will support with logistical planning and supervision of small to mid-scale events. This position will assist with food and beverage service, staffing, scheduling, detailed floor plans, third-party vendor management, etc. Overall support of the events team.
- On site execution from start to finish of small to mid-scale events including load in, event operating hours, and load out.
- Under direction of the events team provide support with the load out for large-scale events when necessary.
- Review staff schedules to ensure all event needs are supported while keeping labor costs under control
- Send weekly schedule to third-party teams including but not limited to AV, valet, security, cleaning per event.
- Work with the sales team to assure a seamless transition leading up to, the execution, and follow up of events.
- Proactive and effective communication with the Culinary team to assure guest counts are correct, menu is approved, and coordination of food placement is discussed and approved.
- Work with clients on event logistics that align with both the client’s needs as well as Tao Group standards/operations.
- Strong focus on creating detailed floorplans for both booked events as well as prospect.
- Attend weekly event meetings.
- Maintain the inventory and upkeep of the banquet storage.
- Administration of final invoices from all vendors post event.
- Maintain TAO Group Company Standards and exhibits gracious hospitality.
- Other duties as assigned and necessary.
Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic MS Office skills (Excel, Work, databases)
- Basic understanding of legal contract language
- Minimum 1-2 years in an Event Coordinator/Production position
- Minimum 1-2 years Hospitality experience
- College degree in Hospitality desired.
- Strong Interpersonal skills, strong guest/client relations
- Analysis and decision making
- Solid Written and verbal communication; time management skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize in a fast-pace, high volume environment
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with strong attention to detail.
- Must be flexible to work any schedule to meet the event needs of the client.
- College degree desired.