- $40K - $50K Annual Salary
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Likely to Respond
Must have a flexible Schedule
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing (DON)/Clinical Managers, this position encompasses a variety of duties essential in monitoring, planning, and coordinating schedules for nursing personnel for all units in Providence Place on a 24-hour per day, 7-days a week basis. There is latitude for independent decision making.
A thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures in the use and function of nursing staffing principles. Strong written and oral communication skills, being able to understand written and oral instructions. Effective in establishing and maintaining excellent rapport with staff, residents, outside vendors, and clients. The Staffing Coordinator will possess a genuine interest in and concern for geriatric, chronically ill, and/or disabled persons.
- Ensures that all nursing new hires have been notified by appropriate DON of starting date, time, and locations of orientation.
- Participates in the orienting of nursing staff with schedules, floor introductions, following progress and reporting of information to immediate supervisor.
- Identifies needs for the nursing staff to supplement with assistance. Oversees use of temporary nursing personnel, as authorized. Reviews and oversees appropriate allocation of staffing to various departments.
- Responsible for assisting with preparation of PAF’s for all newly hired or terminated/resigned nursing employees and for other personnel transactions, as required, which includes obtaining signatures of DON/clinical manager.
- Notifies DON/clinical manager, on an as-needed basis, of all current and anticipated nursing position openings.
- Plans daily nursing schedules for each nursing unit, taking into account vacations, trades, and call-offs. Consults with DON/clinical manager’s regarding clinical coverage.
- Monitors and records daily absence/tardy attendance records. Communicates with DON/clinical manager when potential or actual problems occur regarding counseling (to be performed by nursing supervision).
- Provide, assist, organized nursing meeting minutes agenda for DON/clinical manager and coordinating dates of future nursing meetings to the nursing department.
- Participates on staff turnover, staffing PPD’s, coordination schedules, keeper of times and dates of annual staff performance for the Director of Nursing.
- Report to DON with proper reports on specific numbers of the nursing departments overtime.
- Staffing or scheduling nursing staff to a cost effective and reducing nursing labor expense.
- Keeps DON/clinical managers informed of overall status of nursing personnel with regard to staffing issues.
- Participates in annual performance evaluations for the nursing staff.
- Maintains a current employee confidential phone list and updated in Staffing Book.
- Sorts and files materials alphabetically, numerically, and chronologically, and searches files and records for readily identified information.
- Performs all duties of Staffing Coordinator competently, timely, confidentially, accurately, and with a positive, proactive, and cooperative attitude.
- Provides assistance to the nursing department with assistance in the floor as it may require at times.
- Assist in the main dining room with meals as needed.
- Must be available for “on-call” status for staffing and/or facility needs according to related duties, to include weekend’s coverage.
- Works closely with DON/clinical managers to ensure optimal staffing ratio.
- Monitors staffing timecard sheet to ensure accurate hours, timely miss punches with each nursing employee.
- Assist Director of Nursing with closing payroll by verifying accurate hours with each nursing employee timecard.
- Performs other related duties as may be required and assigned.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.