Kitchen Manager Los Angeles
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Possess strong leadership and communication skills.
Work closely with Manager and General Manager.
- Coordinates activities concerning all kitchen operations and personnel, including food preparation, kitchen, and storeroom areas.
- Have consistency in high volume/fast paced and at times stressful environment.
- Wear Clean uniform and have tidy appearance.
- Abide by Maria’s culture.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have strong work ethics.
- Hires, trains and evaluates kitchen personnel
- Purchases food items, supplies and equipment.
- Portion control (meats, vegetables, and desserts) as well as food surpluses to control food cost and waste.
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen and equipment.
- Other Duties as assigned
Education: Prefer formal training and certification. Must pass Serve Safe test. Ability to understand, speak and write standard English. Must be computer literate. Have flexibility and desire to increase cooking and other kitchen skills.
Required Experience: A minimum of three years of experience cooking in the food service industry. General knowledge of food preparation and an ability to plan meals and follow recipes. Knowledge of and ability to operate kitchen equipment. Must be computer proficient.
We LOVE…Pasta, Teamwork, Caring People, and a Positive Work Environment. If you love what we love come JOIN our TEAM.
Maria's Italian Kitchen is one of those grand American success stories. It began in the Italian quarter of Hoboken, New Jersey, where Maria grew up learning the recipes for real Italian food of Naples from her mother, Luisa. Maria's Italian Kitchen offers a diverse menu offering fresh and flavorful dishes served by our personable and knowledgeable team.
Our passion is our people, Team Members and Guests alike- our success is driven by Maria's Italian Kitchen's strong company culture of great food, hospitality and atmosphere.
Benefits for eligible employees
Growth within the company
A FUN work environment
100% Woman Owned Business
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO SUCCEED AT MIK?
Que se necesita para tener exito en MIK?
1. You gotta love PEOPLE
Te tiene que gustar a la gente
2. Being Genuinely NICE is a MUST have
Se necista ser genialmente simpatico/a
3. Value Quality Service and Food
Valorar servicio y comida de calidad
4. Be Committed to the Job
Compormeterse al trabajo
5. Be a Team Player
Ser parte de un equipo
6. Doing the Right thing, especially when no one is looking
Hacer lo correcto, especialmente cuando alguien no este mirando
7. Think what is best for the Customer, your Co-Worker, and the Company
Tener en mente lo mejor para el Cliente, tus compañeros, y la compania
8. Know the Value of your position
Conocer el valor de tu posicion
9. Know YOUR Value to the Team
Conocer tu valor al equipo
10. Smile and have FUN at Work
Sonreir y divertirse en el trabajo