AM Prep Cook
- $16.85 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
Position Purpose: Produce menu items in an appropriate time frame while maintaining or exceeding the standards set forth by the Executive Chef for menu production, kitchen cleanliness, sanitation, and advance preparation.
- Read and follow recipes as they pertain to menu production.
- Memorize all production specifications, food presentations, and cooking methods pertinent to menu production.
- Recognize/fabricate all products pertinent to menu production.
- Cook all menu items to guest specifications with regards to temperature, etc.
- Properly label, date, and store all prepared food as well as raw ingredients and food orders.
- Assist others in workload management as time allows.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Takes proper care of all equipment, reporting/documenting any breakage/damage/loss to Management
- Maintain a sanitary environment consistent with the standards of chef and local health department.
- Recognize fluctuations in volume of business, and maintain station accordingly.
- Maintain consciousness of portion sizes consistent with production specifications.
- Recognize and react to product spoilage.
- Maintain a clean and presentable uniform/appearance.
- Communicate any needs, deficiencies, or outages to chef/supervisor.
- Accept verbal direction from chef/supervisor regarding changes, special needs, quantity of production, etc.
- Organize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Complete station set up, including necessary equipment, in a timely manner and assist team members as time allows.
- Prepare portions of Staff Meal for Employee Cafeteria.
- Close kitchen shifts in the manner set forth by chef/supervisor.
- Demonstrates ability to change directions, learn, and progress in work environment at request/direction of Executive Chef and Sous Chefs.
- In the process of acquiring or graduate of culinary program preferred
- Past work experience of at least 1 year consisting of kitchen prep work and/or Garde Manger in a food driven, high standard, fast-pace restaurant
- Must be able to read, write, speak, understand and clearly communicate in English with respect to business related tasks
- Able to react positively to fast pace work environment and high pressure situations.
- Able to communicate effectively with supervisors and team members both in culinary and exterior departments of the hotel (specifically stewarding and service staffs).
- Able to work well inside of a team orientated environment.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor in all situations, especially those pertaining to client satisfaction.
- Have general knowledge of equipment utilized on a daily basis.
- Have a general understanding and recognition of Modern American Cuisine, its ingredient and the preparation and handling of those ingredients.
- Be able to work long hours in a high expectation work environment
- Comfortable degree of dexterity for knife handling, prep work, etc.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
A NORTH HOLLYWOOD HOTEL JUST MINUTES FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AND HOLLYWOOD
Your Urban Oasis Awaits
Bright sun pours in from floor to ceiling windows. An open fireplace warms cool California nights. Artisanal cocktails and farm fresh eats await your request. Welcoming and warm, yet distinctively retro, this is the California dream come true. Every design detail has been handpicked to evoke the whimsy and thoughtful aesthetic of a bygone era. This is your urban oasis, secluded within seven lush acres, yet minutes from excitement and thrills of LA.
The Garland team is about working together, having fun and being happy, genuine hospitality and celebrating each of our unique differences. We offer rewarding benefits in the form of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K for eligible associates. But that’s not all…here at The Garland we believe in celebrating our Associates with a wide variety of recognition programs and events all year long!
Check us out on Instagram @garlandcareers