Medical Legal Coordinator for Medical Consulting Firm located in Stone Oak.
- $50K - $55K Annual Salary
- Health Insurance
- Employer Likely to Respond
Under the direct supervision of the Practice Administrator, the Medical Legal Coordinator acts as the internal liaison between the company and external law firms requiring access to physicians and/or medical records. This position is for DCS Medical Solutions. The Medical Legal Coordinator adheres to office policies and procedures as provided and complies with all federal and state laws and regulations governing the privacy and security of patient’s PHI (Private Health Information) under HIPAA. Work is accurate and performed in a timely manner.
- Answers communications from attorney offices regarding the scheduling of med/legal events, records needed immediately for hearings, billing questions, rehabilitation records, etc., in accordance with office protocol, on a daily basis.
- Sorts and handles all attorney correspondence for all COS physicians
- Involves the pulling of charts, accessing EMR, providing copies as requested, collecting appropriate fees, refilling records when necessary, and mailing of the records as appropriate.
- Schedules med/legal events by coordinating dates between COS physicians, administrative assistants, and various attorney offices.
- Collects appropriate fees. Schedules appropriate conference rooms.
- Receiver of incoming subpoenas. Sometimes involves gathering of COS records as described above and providing them to external attorneys and/or court.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
- 3-5 years of experience in medical records management
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Records: 3-5 year (Preferred)
- Medical office: 3-5 years (Preferred)