- $57K - $65K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts, 401K / Retirement
Windsor Capital Group, Inc. is looking for a dynamic and driven experienced hotel Controller to join our Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Alpharetta Hotel leadership team. The successful candidate will have excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Processes A/P, A/R and General Cashier functions, ensuring accurate and proper cash handling controls are in place.
- Reconciles cash received in the income journal to cash received in the bank.
- Partners with operational leaders to ensure proper collection of payment and processing of invoices.
- Prepares daily/weekly/monthly financial reports and distribute in a timely manner.
- Reconciles the guest ledger and advanced deposit ledgers daily to the income journal.
- Reconciles sales and occupancy tax daily in the income journal, research and resolve any discrepancies.
- Assists the Corporate Controller in reconciling all bank and balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis to ensure all balances are clearly documented and variances researched and rectified in a timely basis.
- Implements processes and procedures to improve the efficiency of the accounting recordation as well as daily and monthly closing process.
- Provides management and the operational team with various reports used to manage the hotels Daily Sales, Labor and other adhoc reports when needed.
- Migrates financial information into M3
- Participates in hotel audits
- Prepares financial analysis of operations
- Prepares budgets and financial forecasts.
- Maintains files for vendor contracts, insurance policies, tax reports and payroll
- Implements procedures and systems
- Additional duties as assigned by General Manager
Skills and Abilities:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize, organize, and follow up.
- Be hands-on, with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written comunication skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and ten-key calculator.
- Two (2) + years of previous experience in accounting required, preferably in hotel accounting
- BA or equivalent degree in accounting or equivalent degree business acceptable