Chef de Cuisine
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Chef de Cuisine wanted for new restaurant concept in Bel-Air in partnership with LA's top restaurant consulting firm, New School (newschool.la), and interior design by Studio UNLTD - Bestia, Otium, Bavel, etc.
CONCEPT: From the owners of Jayde’s Market comes a nod to Provence, Basque Country, Marseille, and French bistro-savior faire interpreted through Southern California product and in tune with Los Angeles modernity. Beer, wine and craft cocktails are a natural extension of sidewalk bistro culture.
Come be a part of a brand-new custom-designed open kitchen!
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as Chef de Cuisine of a chef-driven concept(s) (with a minimum revenue of $3MM/yr+) in a major US restaurant market.
- Significant additional operational experience within the hospitality industry a plus.
- Graduate of an accredited Culinary Institution a plus.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to read and write English at an advanced level.
- Understanding of all Google Doc programs (Sheets, Pages), Microsoft Excel, relevant food costing software, and POS systems.
- Knowledge and passionate connection with this concept
- A track record of professional success, career growth and staff development.
- Ability to make challenging decisions; expertise in conducting effective meetings and maintaining communication lines between all departments.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and be proficient in problem analysis and solving.
- Must display a caring, self-motivated attitude with an aptitude for leading and coaching with a true commitment to quality and team success.
- A genuine passion for the hospitality industry and ability to positively influence the workplace with an upbeat and inspirational attitude.
- Knowledge of Local, State and Federal Labor laws.
- Excellent cost management acumen, specifically related to product and labor costs.
- Ability to construct and manage schedules, department rules and policies, as well as daily cleaning, maintenance, and health and safety checklists.
- The Chef de Cuisine position reports directly to the owner.
- Ensure that food quality meets brand standards at all times.
- Train, cultivate, and encourage the staff, both Back of House and Front of House.
- Work cohesively with the rest of the team.
- Work all stations as needed.
- Ability to perform job functions with an eye for detail, speed, and precision, ensuring all products and dishes are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, preparation, presentation, and service standards.
- Approve all prepared items that leave the kitchen by managing the expediting station.
- Plan and conduct kitchen department meetings and participate in service
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of invoice management, labor tracking, scheduling, food cost controlling, inventory and hiring/counseling/termination procedures.
- Improve food cost, labor cost, and operating expenses by systemically reviewing processes and implementing cost control measures.
- Develop a written sets of operating standards describing food preparation, service times, store set up, hospitality, cleanliness, and organization.
- Regularly evaluate the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements.
- Oversee and maintain high levels of cleanliness and organization of assigned work areas, while abiding by state sanitation/health directives and company policy.
- Ensure the entire kitchen area is up to and exceeds health code standardsat all times, and ensure successful inspection scores.
- Create and maintain cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, equipment and food storage areas.
- Work with Owner to plan and price menu items. Develop new menu items in collaboration with Owner and other team members. Establish and standardize portion sizes; prepare and manage standard recipe specifications for all menu items.
- Maintain a calm personality under pressure, and always maintain composure and good humor.
- Ensure the timeliness of your employees, and document any late or absent employees.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies, and procedures, and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Organize, plan, prep, and execute private events, both on and off site, as requested.
- Contribute to building top line sales and driving consistent guest counts, by means of superior guest dining experiences and food quality.
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation
- Health benefits