- $20.00 - $32.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Din Tai Fung is hiring for food runners at our Glendale location at the Americana @ Brand. Runners are responsible for running food to guests at their tables according to Din Tai Fung’s Food Running Standard Operating Procedures. The advertised hourly rate range is for after the initial training period.
- Pass Din Tai Fung’s Food Knowledge Test
- Food Handler’s Card
- Read, understand, and follow the Employee Handbook and all company policies and procedures
- Proper dress policy and non-slip shoes worn at all times
- Flexible working hours, including early morning and late-night shifts; 7 days a week operation, including holidays. Schedule may vary based on business demands.
- Positive and Professional Attitude
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Walk regularly throughout the day; uses hands for up to 12 hours each day; occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Running all food and beverages to tables in a timely manner to ensure food quality and in line with Din Tai Fung’s Food Running SOP
- Food items include hot soups (over 140 degrees F), which must be handled with caution and only after formal training
- Food items include dumplings inside bamboo steamers, which must be handled with caution and only after formal training
- Organizing tickets and food onto trays at the Expo Station
- Packing takeout orders according to Din Tai Fung Takeout Packing SOP
- Cleaning and organizing the Expo Station and Takeout Packing Station
- Completing Runner Side Work
- Maintaining a cheerful, friendly and welcoming demeanor to all guests and co-workers
- Keeping all Front of House areas clean, organized and sanitized
- Labeling all items in accordance with Health Department regulations
- Lifting/moving boxes, bags, chairs, and tables (up to 50 pounds)
- Assisting with regular deep cleaning of the restaurant
- Maintaining confidentiality regarding all propriety information, including but not limited to recipes, SOP’s, etc.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Din Tai Fung is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
Din Tai Fung was founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1958 as a cooking oil retail shop. In 1972, it transitioned into a full fledged restaurant specializing in soup dumplings and noodles. The restaurant was soon winning rave reviews from all over the world. The tradition of Din Tai Fung continues today in its locations in the United States, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, and Thailand.
Din Tai Fung’s culture is strongly guided by our core values.
- Synergy: We apply teamwork to create a healthy and efficient work environment. Our relationships with guests, staff, and business partners are core foundations of our company.
- Modesty: We treat each other with humility and respect. We are understanding and open to new ideas.
- Integrity: We are honest, fair, and accountable for our actions. We acknowledge our mistakes and build trust through our character.
- Learning: We constantly seek knowledge and improvements to develop and grow.
- Excellence: We are committed to consistently providing the highest quality of food and service with attention to detail.