We are currently looking to hire a career-minded candidate for the position of Food Runner.
The Food Runner is responsible for running customers' orders from the kitchen to the customers. This individual will ensure the operation is moving smoothly and efficiently through proper execution of the duties. The Food Runner is required to ensure food quality, efficiency, and accuracy of each customer's order, and be in constant communication with the cooks.
• Completes required tasks within assigned time frames;
• Has extensive knowledge of all ingredient details of every menu item;
• Delivers food to customers quickly, efficiently, and with a pleasant attitude;
• Takes secondary orders if needed;
• Communicates clearly with kitchen and house staff;
• Busses and clears/cleans tables;
• Provides excellent customer service and ensures guest satisfaction;
• Ability to learn and apply new knowledge or skills for your work. Willingness to strive for growth and improvement. Commitment to excel in your work;
• Valid ServSafe certification or equivalent Food Handlers card;
• Understand and follow written and verbal instructions;
• Work cooperatively with co-workers, management, and shift leaders;
• Perform math computations (add, subtract, divide, and multiply);
• Ability to work and think independently, make quality decisions in the absence of a supervisor;
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
If you love a great cup of coffee and are motivated, enthusiastic, and want to work for a company that values its employees, then please apply today!
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
An employer's Response Score represents how likely they are to respond to an application.