- $15.00 - $18.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Creating the perfect ice cream, and having fun doing it, is the first step to building your successful career at Four Winters. As a pastry cook, you will be expected to produce the daily supply of goods needed for service each day. You will work closely with the Dessert Kitchen Manager to ensure all products are in line with company recipes. With a strong knowledge of food safety and cleanliness standards, you will ensure that your workspace is always thoroughly clean. At Four Winters, your personality is your best asset, so you should be genuinely friendly to all staff and guests. Growth opportunities are available to team members that demonstrate exemplary work ethic, teamwork and hospitality.
A successful candidate will possess or exhibit:
- Genuine passion for, and knowledge of, food and pastry (Culinary programs and experience with ice cream are a plus!)
Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation
- Great work ethic
- Are able to read and follow recipes, as well as follow directions and lists outlined by a chef
- Able to go above and beyond
- Able to maintain quality, speed and discipline when working independently
- Pastry school background a plus
- Must be able to work with other employees of different cultures
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule( morning and weekend shifts)
- Eagerness to adhere to Four Winters high standards regarding food preparation and cleaning
- Flexible availability and willingness to work different shifts
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a team environment
- Ability to effectively partner with the Front of House staff
Your principle responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with daily production (including ice cream bases and baked goods) and performing regular quality checks of prepared product
- Assisting the Dessert Kitchen Manager with menu testing
- Accepting and documenting deliveries
- Reporting and documenting any equipment in need of repair or service.
- Maintaining high levels of cleanliness and organization of assigned work areas, adhering to sanitation/health regulations and company policy
- Finger/hand dexterity sufficient to operate food machinery
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Sensorial ability (hearing, seeing, tasting, smelling, touching) to observe and detect signs of emergency situations, evaluate product taste, texture and presentation, and observe preparation
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges (freezers, coolers, ovens etc.)
Four Winters is a trendsetter in the gourmet ice cream market. We produce the smoothest, creamiest ice cream from only the finest and freshest ingredients possible. Through our focus on local sourcing and sustainability, we strive to be an asset to the community. Our shops exhibit an environment of high vitality, liveliness and fun - we are the “in” place to be. As such, our staff are welcoming, energetic, caring, efficient and strive for the best possible customer experience.