Employment Case Manager, North County (Temporary)
- $17.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
The Employment Case Manager assists our veteran clients in developing vocational goals reflective of their skills, capabilities and interests. Incumbent will manage client progress towards achieving job readiness and employment goals. If you are compassionate, flexible, resourceful, and dedicated in assisting our local veterans in overcoming these barriers, this is the position for you!
- Provide comprehensive case management services
- Conduct assessment and assistance in reaching employment goals for assigned clients
- Work with clients to create individualized career plans, identifying and managing short and long-term employment goals.
- Advocates on behalf of client to assist with access to services and benefits
- Assess and record client progress towards set goals.
- Complete, accurate, and timely documentation for each case, to ensure compliance within program guidelines
- Establish eligibility and execute employment and training tasks in accordance with specific grant provisions for applicable programs
- Collaborate across agency programs and develop relationships with other community organizations to ensure client and agency goals are met. Provide information and referrals to clients, as needed.
- Maintain follow-up on client placement as required
- Develop and perform outreach and recruitment activities
- Manage Petty Cash, and distribution of gift cards for use of client supportive services
- High School diploma, Associates degree in related field or a satisfactory equivalent of education and experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge about community resources.
- Able to work with and relate to participants and be culturally sensitive.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be computer literate and have MS Word and Excel skills at minimum, and the ability to learn specialized databases and software systems
- Team player
- Able to work with diverse population
- Basic understanding of veterans benefits and issues
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description
- Must be able to sit comfortably for long periods
- Valid California driver’s license, current vehicle insurance
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screen
- Veteran Status a Plus!