- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Overview: Prepares food to order according to our recipes, procedures, quality expectations and speed levels.
- Maintains stock (restocks) cleans & organizes work area.
- Prepares food according to procedures and standards; within allowable time guidelines.
- Responds to all guests’ special requests.
- Safely operates equipment (determined by position).
- Practices proper & safe food handling, storage, receiving, stocking & rotating procedures.
- Requires speed, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the goings-on of the back kitchen in receiving the organization of goods is necessary.
- Keeping the back kitchen clean and organized while being able to efficiently work through the prep list.
- Prep cooks are depended upon and work closely with the opening chefs and have an opportunity to gain a one-on-one professional relationship with their chefs and the opening managers.
- Lifts and carries sacks, boxes & product up to 50 lbs. from floor to above waist level, approximately 20 feet sometimes involving stairs.
- Performs job at a continuously high pace, under pressure, while maintaining quality and speed standards.
- Must be able to read, understand and communicate in English.
- Interacts verbally with other line positions.
- Works closely with other staff members, often in confined areas.
- Flexible in performing other related tasks designated from the management.
- Meets all SRO standards for safe food handling.