Truck Driver - Class C / Warehouse
- $16.50 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
We are a restaurant company looking for delivery drivers to deliver product to restaurant locations. Delivery driving experience is a plus but not a requirement. Drivers will also need to perform general warehouse duties such as loading the trucks for delivery. This position has only local delivery routes and stable working hours at 40-50 hours per week.
Responsible for driving Company vehicle for delivering Company goods and perform other runs as needed.
Drivers must act in a professional manner at all times as a representative of Din Tai Fung. The driver is
responsible for operating the Company vehicle safely and complying with the Company Vehicle Operation
Policy and all applicable traffic laws.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain confidentiality of any and all proprietary information as required by the company.
• Meet with supervisor(s) to review information pertinent to the job performance, to include daily
assignments, business levels, lost or damaged items and vehicle damage.
• Inspection of vehicle condition which includes oil, tires, cleanliness, lights, overall ride and reporting
of needed repairs before departing to deliver goods.
• Park and load products onto trucks according to the company’s specifications.
• Verify that all items on the Packing List and/or Sales Order are loaded onto the truck properly.
• Deliver orders to the restaurant locations according to assigned routes.
• Maintain ongoing communication with supervisors and/or managers.
• Unload ordered items from truck to the restaurant according to the company’s procedure.
• Review deliveries with the authorized receiver at the restaurant location and ensure that the
delivery meets standards.
• Obtain delivery confirmations (signatures of receiver) from each restaurant location by the
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Reporting of all accidents, incidents and/or suspicious activities.
• Able to park trucks in compact spaces.
• Complete daily truck Inspection log and temperature and travel log.
• Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
• Ensures company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or manager(s) of management.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Over 18 years of age, with at least 1-year experience working as a driver, preferably with driving
experience of Bobtail Truck and within the food industry.
• Clean DMV driving record: No infractions. Most recent DMV record required.
• Pass Company Employment drug testing with random drug testing thereafter.
• Must possess and uphold a valid driver’s license with a good standing driving record through
• Food Handlers Card is required upon first day of employment.
• Non-slip shoes, black slacks, black polo shirts without any logo.
• Strong communication skills. Must be fluent in English.
• Being reliable, responsible, dependable, and capable in fulfilling obligations.
• Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative, and professional
• Being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
• Being open to change and to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
• Must arrive to work ready to start shift.
Din Tai Fung was founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1958 as a cooking oil retail shop. In 1972, it transitioned into a full fledged restaurant specializing in soup dumplings and noodles. The restaurant was soon winning rave reviews from all over the world. The tradition of Din Tai Fung continues today in its locations in the United States, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, and Thailand.