- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Key Responsibilities: The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and CFO and must possess a general understanding of accounting practices and principles and exhibit strong organizational, communication and analytical skills. This person must have the ability to work independently while contributing to the team environment and provide excellent internal customer service. The successful applicant must be capable of meeting internal and external deadlines and producing a consistently high-quality product.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge and skill required preparing financial statements using company’s accounting system, including comprehensive understanding of each statement.
- Perform period-end and year-end closing responsibilities including, but not limited to, preparing and analyzing a variety of account reconciliations and preparing appropriate adjusting journal entries as needed.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis reports for senior management, including analysis of current year revenue and expense accounts against prior periods and budget.
- Analyzes information by developing spreadsheet reports, to answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting GAAP pronouncements and determining their effect on the company.
- Track and analyze capital projects, maintain detailed records and assist in cost segregation studies.
- Maintain the company’s fixed asset system, to ensure accurate reporting.
- Maintain the database of company’s leases, including review and analysis of year-end CAM reconciliations.
- Actively participate in preparation of the annual budgets and supporting documentation.
- Participate in new systems development, process improvement and implementation of those changes to our current accounting systems and close process.
- Other duties and ad hoc projects as needed.
- Minimum of four (4) years of broad-based progressive accounting experience. Restaurant accounting experience desired but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA designation or in process of obtaining credential preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP.
- Demonstrated computer skills, proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office suite.
- Attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, positive attitude, with excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience using computer accounting systems: Microsoft Dynamics GP and CS Fixed Assets experience preferred but not required.
- May be required to lift up to 30 lbs., including must reach, bend, stoop, lift, sit, and stand.