Stellar Swim Instructor Needed!
- $15.00 - $25.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We are seeking stellar swim instructors to join our growing team! LA Surf and Swim has been voted Los Angeles' #1 Learn-to-Swim Program and has been an integral part of the SoCal community for 13 years. The ideal candidate thrives in a diverse, kid-centric environment and is committed to health, fitness, and fun!
Instructs students between the ages of 6 months to adults to achieve their swim goals/ advance through various skill levels by adhering to our school's specialized teaching methods.
- Provide training direction, encouragement, and motivation to swimmers.
- Plan, organize, and conduct practice sessions.
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Monitor swimming area and respond in the event of an emergency.
- Evaluate swimmers' skills and performance.
- Adjust coaching techniques, based on the strengths and weaknesses of swimmers.
- Keep abreast of changing rules, techniques, technologies, and philosophies relevant to swimming.
- Communicate with participants and parents to provide information and answer questions.
- Keep and review records of swimmers' progress.
- * The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- At least one year experience as a competitive swimmer and/or experience working with children
- Demonstrate proper swim form and technique
- Must be able to properly tread water for 1 minute
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs
- Must be able to be in the water up to 7.5 hours
- Must pass background test
- Must be available one weekend day per week
- Must be comfortable in water between 77-90 degrees
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Must be willing to take and must pass CPR and First Aid course
- Must be willing to clean and disinflect pool area, toys, and equipment during down time
- Must be comfortable maintaining pool and play area, i.e. raking up leaves, cleaning up toys, and rare dog droppings (we have two dog mascots here)
- Must be comfortable around children in diapers
Super Fun Perks!
- Unlimited use of soft foam surf boards
- Complimentary wetsuit
- Fun and relaxed work environment
- Free use of sunscreen at work
- Flexible schedule (perfect for actors/artists!)
- Free CPR and First Aid Certification Course
- Free coffee and water in break room
- Free surf lesson
- Holiday parties
- Great team morale
- 1:1 coach to swimmer ratio
- Monitoring pool and surrounding area
- Critical thinking
- Good Judgment and decision making
- Time management
- Communication with clients
- Positive Persuasion
Please send us a message telling us a little about yourself and please include 1. Swim experience 2. Any experience you have working with children 3. Fun fact about YOU!
Please also attach resume, contact info, social media links + any other information you deem important. Make sure to check out our website and read all about us www.lasurfandswim.com
We look forward to hearing from you!