Assistant Bread Baker - Charleston Bread LLC
- $12.00 - $15.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Assistant Bread Baker
The primary responsibilities for this job are assisting with planning and production of bread products for retail and commercial sale.
Regular duties include assisting the lead bread baker with the following:
- All steps of bread production, including weigh-out of ingredients, mixing dough, managing primary fermentation (folds), scaling and shaping dough, and baking final product.
- Maintenance of sourdough starters. This includes managing regular feeding of the white flour and rye flour sourdough starters and assisting with feeding schedules necessary to build daily levains for bread production. Regular communication with the bread baker regarding ensuring appropriate feeding is expected.
- Managing preparation of pre-ferments, including yeast-based and sourdough-based mixes; monitor pre-ferments before incorporation into the final dough mix.
- Preparation of daily production/proofing schedule. Regular communication with the bread baker and manager, regarding choice of breads and batch sizes, is expected.
- Maintenance of daily dough temperature records- including calculations for desired dough temperatures according to the written protocol, attached. This information is to be recorded on the proofing/production schedule.
- Daily cleaning and maintenance (excluding mechanical repair) of equipment including LP bread mixer, VMI spiral mixer, Bongard oven, work tables, bread linens and baskets, oven peel, and mixing tubs.
- Washing dishes and putting them away.
- Assist manager in monitoring, organizing and maintaining inventory of bread ingredients; help prepare ingredient orders.
- The assistant baker will be expected to communicate regularly with the lead bread baker and other staff members regarding all regular duties.
- Perform additional tasks as communicated by the bread baker, manager, and owner.
Additional duties related to maintenance and cleaning of the bakery may arise from time to time- the assistant bread baker is expected to assist the lead bread baker, the manager, owner, and other staff members as needed to complete tasks as they arise and as communicated by the manager.
January 31, 2020