- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Beauty & Essex, a TAO Group Hospitality venue, is currently looking for a Pastry Chef with creative energy who is passionate and excited about whimsical, fun desserts. This is a great opportunity for an dynamic individual who strives to work in a team oriented environment.
Job Summary: The Pastry Chef will be responsible for the preparation and day-to-day management of pastry operations including assisting with the creation and execution of all desserts and other baked goods. The qualified candidate will assist in overseeing the overall running of the pastry kitchen, cleanliness and organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Assist with developing, implementing and maintaining new recipes, presentations and products.
- Oversea the coordination and directing of the pastry operation.
- Supervises the preparation and production of all baked goods
- Prepares specialty baked goods for in-house and catered events
- Inspect the quality of the ingredients and measure them for specific recipes
- Control the effective storage and stock levels, while always being cost-conscious
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Provides training and guidance to pastry staff performing related work
- Ensure kitchen equipment is in good condition and meets all requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises day-to-day activities; provides a “Hands On” approach to training, planning, assigning and delegating work. Encourages elevated performance, leads by example, and coaches employees for the purpose of improving the standards of excellence.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education: High School Diploma; Technical Culinary Program Degree with pastry emphasis preferred
- Minimum 3 years prior experience as a Pastry Chef
- Demonstrate strong pastry skills and operation
- 1 year prior inventory/cost control experience preferred
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (gluten free, sugarless etc.)
- Must be able to perform in a high-volume environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to understand complex instructions and material
- Ability to prepare and bake a variety of pastries, rolls and/or other baked goods.
- Ability to supervise and train assigned staff.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and works well in environment with time constraints
- Ability to analyze supplies costs and develop cost-effective procedures.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Knowledge of maintenance and care of culinary facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
TAO Group Hospitality is an EOE.