Assistant Manager - Growing Fast Casual Brand
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Our growing fast casual restaurant CHICAS TACOS is seeking a Restaurant Assistant Manager to join our team!
About Chicas Tacos: Our menu represents elevated Mexican cuisine, we serve only the highest quality ingredients, prepared to order. We are expanding into two new locations and are growing our team!
You will assist the General Manager--directly supervising and coordinating both FOH and BOH activities of our team engaged in preparing and serving our food. You will hold our standards as your own and elevate every experience in the restaurant. The skill sets we hold most important are: high energy, positive attitude, brings excitement, resourceful, kind, professional and team leader.
You will be responsible for providing guests with a memorable dining experience along with sharing our Brand Story.
- Opening/closing cash duties
- Opening/closing restaurant
- Support staff during daily operation to ensure friendly, efficient, consistent service
- Shift communication with staff and management
- Assist with ensuring health code, hygiene, and safety compliance
- Assist with ordering for FOH and BOH
- Oversee stock levels
- Troubleshoot order issues
- Assist in making improvements to the operation
- Ensure company standards are upheld - follows up and retrains as necessary in order to meet standards
- Properly handle guest inquiries and complaints
- Take requests for small parties/buyouts/catering
- Greet and guide guests
- Serve as brand ambassador
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, and onboarding staff
- Create staff schedules
- Assist in training new staff using training resources
- Inspire and motivate staff
- Closely monitor and manage costs related to food and beverage, labor, and specific areas of responsibility
- Assist in uploading invoices in a timely manner (per company standard)
- Assist in making bank deposits in a timely manner
- 2+ years in MANAGEMENT of food service or other related fields
- Work in kitchen conducting prep or line work
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong people skills
- Experience working in a guest facing kitchen
- Previous experience in food service or other related fields
- Knowledge of common food safety practices
- Management Serve Safe Certificate
- Management Experience 2-3 years
- Kitchen Experience 2+ years
Chicas Tacos is a growing Los Angeles based fast casual concept based in Downtown Los Angeles.
We serve a better taco (and other delicious dishes like Quesadillas and Nachos) using only the highest quality ingredients in a casual, fun atmosphere.
When it comes to our team members we believe in:
*a positive work environment
*mutual respect for one another
*real job growth opportunities
We have two new locations opening in 2019 and are focused on building and developing a strong team in the front and back of house. We want to continue providing new opportunities for our people to develop and grow with us!