- $60K - $100K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Din Tai Fung is a full service restaurant group with over 100 locations worldwide. We are looking for kitchen managers at our Glendale location at the Americana @ Brand Shopping Center.
Back of House Managers manage the restaurant on a day to day basis. Their focus is on managing the brand, ensuring food quality meets the brand expectation, managing inventory, and controlling costs as it relates to product and labor to ensure budgets are met
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience or education
- Manager’s Food Handler’s Card
- Pass Din Tai Fung’s Food Knowledge Test
- Pass Din Tai Fung’s Serving Test
- Have a thorough understanding of Din Tai Fung’s menu and allergens
- Read, understand, and follow the Employee Handbook, Manager Handbook, and all company policies and procedures
- Proper dress policy and nonslip shoes worn at all times
- Managers are required to be able to work any day of the week with flexible working hours, including early morning and late-night shifts; 7 days a week operation, including holidays. Schedule may vary based on business demands.
- Managers are required to work a minimum of 5 days per week and 10 hours per day
- Ability to efficiently operate in Microsoft Office Suite and Email
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Walk regularly throughout the day; uses hands for up to 12 hours each day; occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Positive and professional attitude
- Basic cooking skills (will be required to learn all Back of House preparation and cooking Standard Operating Procedures (“SOP’s”))
- Strong communication and ability to work cohesively with all levels of management, all departments, and all co-workers in a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times:
- Regarding all propriety information, including but not limited to sales and labor metrics, financials, recipes, SOP’s, etc.
- Regarding all employee-related issues
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision, attention to detail and speed
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attend all management meetings (daily camera meetings, weekly meetings, etc.)
- Ensure restaurant is staffed and set up for business, ensuring not to exceed the labor budget and posting the schedule 10 days in advance of the start of the schedule week
- Ensure all company checklists are completed according to the assigned schedules (opening checklist, closing checklist, temperature checklist, etc.)
- Ensure restaurant is clean, organized, and meets Din Tai Fung’s standards of excellence
- Interview, hire and train staff so that all employees meet Din Tai Fung standards
- Communicate effectively with staff to reduce turnover and ensure high standards by providing positive feedback, coaching and counseling, and discipline.
- Develop and maintain a professional working environment for staff
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed in compliance with company and government regulations
- Ensure that all company SOP’s are followed
- Ensure that the restaurant is compliant with licensing, health and safety requirements
- Successfully achieve budgeted sales and profit
- Count inventory and control waste
- Ensure daily ordering from vendors is accurate, pars are updated, and waste is minimal
- Ability to work all stations (both Front of House and Back of House positions) if needed
- All other duties required to successfully operate the restaurant
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Din Tai Fung is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
Din Tai Fung was founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1958 as a cooking oil retail shop. In 1972, it transitioned into a full fledged restaurant specializing in soup dumplings and noodles. The restaurant was soon winning rave reviews from all over the world. The tradition of Din Tai Fung continues today in its locations in the United States, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, and Thailand.
Our Core Values
Din Tai Fung’s culture is strongly guided by our core values.
- Synergy: We apply teamwork to create a healthy and efficient work environment. Our relationships with guests, staff, and business partners are core foundations of our company.
- Modesty: We treat each other with humility and respect. We are understanding and open to new ideas.
- Integrity: We are honest, fair, and accountable for our actions. We acknowledge our mistakes and build trust through our character.
- Learning: We constantly seek knowledge and improvements to develop and grow.
- Excellence: We are committed to consistently providing the highest quality of food and service with attention to detail.