Physical Therapist Assistant
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Under the direction and supervision of a qualified Physical Therapist, the Physical Therapist Assistant assists the physical therapy to residents/patients who require physical functioning in order to gain independence in ambulation and other activities. This role will perform a variety of duties to include assisting in diagnosing, monitoring, planning, and coordinating with residents and their doctors for physical therapy plans and schedules. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
The Physical Therapist Assistant will report to the Physical Therapist and Therapy Manager. The Physical Therapist Assistant must have a thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures used in long term care facilities and possess strong written and oral communication skills, being able to understand written and oral instructions. Effective in establishing and maintaining rapport with staff, residents, outside vendors, and clients. Must possess a genuine interest in and concern for geriatric, chronically ill, and/or disabled persons.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential function of this position and is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
- Provides direct physical therapy services according to directions of the Physical Therapist and in accordance with the physician’s plan of care. Observes, records, and reports to the Physical Therapist and clinical supervisor responses to treatment and any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Treats the patient in accordance with the care plan after the Physical Therapist performs the initial evaluation to establish treatment goals, frequency, duration, and specific modalities to be used in accordance with the physician’s orders with the Physical Therapist. Treats patients to relieve pain, develop or restore function and maintain maximum performance, using physical means, such as exercise, massage, heat, light and electricity.
- Reviews weekly the patient’s programs. Contacts the Physical Therapist directly for patient reports and care as needed, ore required by State/Federal guidelines.
- Submits appropriate written reports of the patient’s progress at the designated intervals to the physician and/or the Physical Therapist. All notes written by the Physical Therapist Assistant will be co-signed (if state requires) by the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Instructs patients regarding physical therapy procedures designated by the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Adheres to all applicable federal, state, local, and Glencroft-maintained standards of care and ethics and policies concerned with the practice of physical therapy and among other things, personnel qualifications.
- Participates in staff development activities. Participates in in-service education.
- Demonstrates evidence of continuing education conducted for in-service sessions.
- Meets productivity and utilization expectations as established by Glencroft.
- Completes timely clinical documentation to include functional goal setting, progress and therapeutic approach.
- Completes administrative/billing documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Completes billing and administrative documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.