- $12.50 - $13.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Performs any combination of the following tasks to maintain guestrooms, working areas, and the hotel premises in general in a clean and orderly manner.
Must be available to work the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist housekeeping supervisors in checking quality and quantity of all new incoming textiles to ensure they meet the Hotel's specifications.
- Assist with placing bed boards, roll-ways beds, extra bed etc.
- Assists food and beverage in removal of dirty dishes in public areas, ensures that they are delivered to the food and beverage kitchen
- Assists guests with luggage and other heavy items.
- Assists maintenance in maintaining the working order of property, may be required to change lightbulbs, replace batteries, unclog toilets and etc.
- Clean all public areas in the prescribed manner while following department standards operating procedures.
- Cleans rooms, hallways and restrooms.
- Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and carpet shampoo machine.
- Collects soiled linen for laundering.
- Cross trains with front desk.
- Dusts and polishes metalwork.
- Empties ashtrays and urns.
- Ensure that the linen are neatly and systematically arranged and stacked.
- Flexibility and adaptability to a changing clientele and environment.
- Follows all safety guidelines as required by hotel policy, local, state and federal law.
- Give on the job training for new employees.
- Help room attendants with heavy lifting.
- Keeps the front of the hotel free from trash.
- Maintains housekeeping carts.
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of area, including tables and chairs.
- Performers any other duties as assigned by management.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- Pickup clean linen and refill the par stock of linen on each floor pantry.
- Refill the par stock of guest amenities and supplies on each floor pantry.
- Remove soiled linen and trash from service areas and take to appropriate locations in the prescribed manner.
- Removes trash collected by room attendants.
- Report missing / found articles, damage or merchandise problems to the housekeeping supervisors.
- Reports all maintenance issues to the front desk, and ensures that they are passed along to the housekeeping supervisors.
- Reports to housekeeping supervisors when any stocks reach the minimum for order purposes.
- Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and other colleagues.
- Responsible for maintaining a time schedule for cleaning of their areas.
- Responsible for upkeep of all equipment which they us, i.e., Vacuum cleaner, trolleys, Scrubbing machine.
- Separates linen that needs repair and or special treatment and forwards it to housekeeping supervisors for immediate action.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floor.
- Take up any tasks assigned by the supervisors as and when needed.
- Walk all floors at beginning and end of shift to collect trash and solid linen.
- Washes walls and ceiling, moves furniture’s and turn mattress.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; takes Asks for and offers help when needed.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Leadership - Gives appropriate recognition to others.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Improves processes, products and services. Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software.
Bilingual in Spanish and English, not required but useful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); working near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The Hotel Beverly Terrace is the quintessential small, chic, and delightfully priced boutique hotel. We are located in beautiful Beverly Hills 90210, and lucky enough to border another amazing city, West Hollywood. Wonderfully situated in a vibrant walking neighborhood, the "BT" is also close to lively Sunset Boulevard entertainment, luxurious Rodeo Drive shopping and fashionable West Hollywood restaurants and design galleries.