On-Call Banquet Server
- $15.66 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The Garland Job Description
Position: Banquet Food Server
Department: Banquet food
Position Purpose: Execution of food service. Clients and guests expect prompt, friendly, efficient and effective service at banquet events
Essential Job Functions:
- Banquet servers are responsible for delivering high standards of quality to our guests during their social or corporate event
- Banquet servers should be able to connect with clients and to create a relaxed environment during their meeting or dining experience
- Servers should be able to read and understand Banquet Event Orders ( BEO)
- Set up banquet room according to BEO including linen, silverware and glassware
- Greeting and seating the guests in a friendly and courteous manner
- Replenish beverages as needed clear empty glasses and bottles
- Servers will check their assigned stations and double check glassware, china and silverware to make sure they are free of spots
- Able to correctly serve and clear common breakfast, Lunch and Dinner menus
- Responsible to make certain that our buffets offer quality food and beverage
- Server should always attend to guests to make sure everyone is taken care of
- Responsible for reporting any hazard situations within their working area to immediate supervisor
- Attending pre- meal briefings learn and execute sequence of service
- Inform banquet manager immediately when guests have a special menu request
- Carry out assigned opening and closing side work in a efficient manner
- Perform any other task assigned by your supervisor that will ensure guest satisfaction
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have basic knowledge on food and beverage preparation and service standards
- Knowledge of appropriate tables setting
- Ability to carry up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis throughout the shift
- Ability to operate beverage equipment e.g. coffee maker, ice tea maker
· Ability to provide guests with an attentive, efficient service process
Education: High school or equivalent
Experience: Minimum of 1 year banquet server experience
A NORTH HOLLYWOOD HOTEL JUST MINUTES FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AND HOLLYWOOD
Your Urban Oasis Awaits
Bright sun pours in from floor to ceiling windows. An open fireplace warms cool California nights. Artisanal cocktails and farm fresh eats await your request. Welcoming and warm, yet distinctively retro, this is the California dream come true. Every design detail has been handpicked to evoke the whimsy and thoughtful aesthetic of a bygone era. This is your urban oasis, secluded within seven lush acres, yet minutes from excitement and thrills of LA.
A unique neighborhood gathering place, The Front Yard, showcases LA's diverse flavors in a setting as casual and comfortable as an evening at an old friend's house. Come on over anytime and we'll set you a place around the table.
Come lounge in the lobby and have a refreshing drink or enjoy your cocktail by the pool. The Lobby Bar features unique setting where you can meet and greet and start off a wonderful night.
The Garland team is about working together, having fun and being happy, genuine hospitality and celebrating each of our unique differences. We offer rewarding benefits in the form of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K for eligible associates. But that’s not all…here at The Garland we believe in celebrating our Associates with a wide variety of recognition programs and events all year long!