BANQUET SETUP/BREAKDOWN PORTER
- $16.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The Hollywood Bowl food and wine is now hiring BANQUET SETUP/BREAKDOWN PORTERS. This position requires heavy lifting of products and extreme attention to detail.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
•Clean and set banquet/meeting space according to the specifications on the Banquet Event Order.
•Properly move and store banquet equipment (e.g. tables, chairs, dance floor lecterns, etc.).
•Service and clean meeting rooms after the events.
•Ensure service corridors and storage areas are clean, organized and unobstructed.
Qualified candidates must possess:
•Previous Banquet Porter experience preferred.
•Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
•Ability to work independently or part of a team.
•Able to handle the physical aspects of the position. Position requires constant lifting; occasionally lifting up to 50lbs. Frequent kneeling, pushing/pulling and constant standing and walking throughout the shift.
Spend your summer out under the stars at the legendary Hollywood Bowl, where you’ll gain experience working for James Beard Award-winning Chef, Suzanne Goin, and the rest of her elite culinary team-- all while the most epic playlists streams LIVE in the background! This iconic venue , home to the LA Philharmonic and the new Hollywood Bowl Food & Wine program (spearheaded by Suzanne Goin and Caroline Styne), is celebrated around the world, and could be your home for the summer! Join us and elevate not only your resume, but, your overall experience in the world of food and service. The team here (FOH & BOH) is comprised of people who have come back every summer for more than TEN years— supplying that feeling that your part of something BIG, something fun, inspiring and lucrative! Come earn some extra cash to supplement that summer income all while gaining experience from the best in the business- and did I mention having a blast?! If you’re interested in joining this positive, hard-working group here are a few things to look forward to:
- Flexibility: It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for part or full-time employment— if you’re talented and dedicated we’ll find a place for you. Have a night gig working the line? We have positions open for the daytime. Looking for a full-time position, day and night? We’ve got that, too!
- Working within Suzanne Goin’s network will, without a doubt, open the door to many future opportunities. She’s shaped the culinary scene here in Los Angeles and continues to influence Chefs coming on the scene everyday.
- We have an outstanding group of people with a great work ethic who are reliable and positive, just waiting to welcome you to the team. Think of it like a summer camp for adults; where the money is good and the music is GREAT.
- Working at this Iconic venue allows you to be surrounded by a wide variety of entertainment.
Don't miss the opportunity to join our amazing kitchen staff.