Prep Cook - Fast, Efficient, Professional
- $14.50 - $16.50 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
What Is Food is looking for part-time or full-time (depends on experience and availability) prep cooks to work in a state of the art commercial food production kitchen.
We make healthy and amazingly delicious ready to eat meals. We serve retail stores throughout California, Arizona, and Nevada.
Our retailers range from smaller indie shops to Whole Foods.
Our kitchen runds under the supervision of the USDA and FDA, which means we have high standars and strict regulations.
We are a fun team, a professional and respectful environment where great work is rewarded and encouraged.
We are looking for talented, motivated individuals, who enjoy problem-solving to help create more efficiencies within the kitchen.
Here's what you'll be working on:
- Vegetable prep, (sorting, washing, cleaning)
- Sauce prep, (weighing, chopping, blending)
- Food prep, (mixing)
- Packaging, working with a team to run a fast-paced line
- Crating, working with a team member to crate products for next day delivery
- Food safety
- Kitchen safety
- Knife skills
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday
- Shift 1: Start Time - 6:30 AM. End Time - 3/4 PM (end time varies depending on order size)
- Shift 2: Start Time - 8 AM. End Time - 4/5 PM (end time varies depending on order size)
This should describe you:
- Fast, efficient
- Team player
- Positive attitude
We started What Is Food with the mission to feed everyone healthy and delicious food. It's all about quality for us, and that starts with the team. We pride ourselves in being one of the best places to work in LA with competitive compensation and a low-stress work environment.
We supply over 100 locations delicious and healthy meals daily and the work is very consistent and free of rush periods.
If you want to work with a growing team and company that values hard work and attention to detail we would love to hear from you!