- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Bartenders role is to prepare quality beverages and serve our guests in accordance with our quality control and service standards. The Bartender is a hospitality professional who is warm, genuine, and engaging as well as efficient and accurate to ensure an extraordinary experience for all our guests.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Greets, takes and fills orders from guests or servers in accordance with Matchbox timing, recipe, and service standards, which requires standing and walking behind the bar throughout the duration of shift and may include writing orders.
- Consistently executes accurate pours.
- Interacts with guests to ensure they feel welcomed and cared for throughout their visit. Actively seeks to build relationships and establish clientele.
- Follows opening and closing procedures/checklists.
- Knows the food and beverage menu, and is able to speak to the menu from memory.
- Rings in orders into point of sale system.
- Collects payment for food and drinks served and accurately processes payment and/or makes change using prescribed cash handling procedures.
- Cleans and maintains an organized work area, which may require reaching, bending, stooping, lifting and working with cleaning agents.
- Understands and practices proper safe food and beverage handling procedures in accordance with local government standards, to include proper cleaning and handling of bar glassware.
- Cards all guests that appear to be under the legal drinking age and refuses to serve alcohol to minors.
- Makes sure that all drinks are removed from the bar and tables by the state's legal time.
- Completes side-work tasks as assigned.
- Strives to hit sales goals as assigned by the general manager.
A Culture of Caring
matchbox is more than just pizza and mini-burgers. We’re a community-driven restaurant group that brings people together. Our food is the draw, but it’s our team members working together that create an experience that brings guests back time and again.
The Secret Sauce
At matchbox, people are everything. From restaurant spaces to warm, attentive service, to clean, attractive environments, and fresh, quality food, we work together to make things happen for our guests and team members.
What We Offer
Competitive salary, structured and comprehensive new-hire training, a framework for career development within a high-growth company, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k benefits and more!
All in the Family
A great company is made of great people. And matchbox is made of talented professionals who take pride in delivering extraordinary experiences for others. If that sounds like you, join the matchbox family!