- $18.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
- Manage lunch & dinner service and ensure food is prepared to expectation, and all opening and closing checklists are completed.
- Complete monthly inventory and expense reconciliation.
- Manage culinary team efficiently to meet and exceed guest expectations.
- Encourage creativity and collaboration among culinary staff members.
- Maintain impeccable organization and cleanliness of kitchen, walk-ins and storage areas.
- Assist in coordination of food preparation for parties and off-premise events.
- Must be proficient in preparing a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables etc…
- Produce recipes as needed to ensure consistency.
- Ensure equipment needs and issues are rolled up to the Executive Chef.
- Manage food quality problems or product shortages.
- Ensure the team is maintaining clean and sanitary work stations and equipment.
- Attend all scheduled and requested meetings and be capable of bringing suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in a positive and constructive manner.
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Acquire and maintain a food handlers license.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and some holidays. Must be able to be flexible as business indicates
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Fluency in English
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Marabu by Chef Alberto Cabrera and V&E Restaurants is the newest addition to V&E’s Restaurant line up. With over 30 restaurants in Miami Beach, Las Vegas and Mexico this is the first Chef driven concept and a move into the casual fine dining arena for V&E. Marabu will bring the cuban table alive. A sharing concept in which Chef Cabrera has created a menu that is reflective of the countryside in Cuba. Here marabu charcoal is produced and cooked with, where the table is traditionally filled with “El Guajiros” daily harvest. The food at Marabu will be rooted in Cuba’s countryside and coast with an exploration into worldly flavors. The simplest preparations and the most carefully sourced ingredients will result in a cuisine that is rooted in tradition and executed with precision.
The design of the restaurant will focus on replicating the homes and lifestyle of the early 1900’s aristocrats in Havana, Cuba. An updated version of a classic bar in Havana will anchor the space. The bar will be serving an array of cocktails and punches carefully chosen from the extensive library of the Cuban cocktail culture and procured by our experienced barman. An outdoor pergola reflective of a farm in Cuba will create a lively atmosphere for a night of dining al fresco “entre familia”.