- $50.7K Annual Salary
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for managing the overall operations of a Dos Toros Kitchen and ensures all policies and procedures are being followed in that Dos Toros kitchen, by every employee and manager. The role of a KM is to develop managers in training as well as to develop hourly team members as they begin as a Crew Member or advance to an Assistant Manager.
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
· Treats team members with respect and warmth.
· Maintains the brand image by ensuring restaurant cleanliness, maintenance and excellent service.
· Ensures that all recipes are followed and executed according to the standards set by Dos Toros.
· Completes all kitchen certifications.
· Trains and develops MITs along with hourly team members.
· The Kitchen Manager may be asked to participate in the training of team members for all store openings, in our existing market and new markets.
· Works with members of the management team, identifying areas of opportunity in the kitchen.
· Complies with all Federal and State labor laws.
· Ensures total compliance with all policies and procedures that have been set by HQ.
· Maintains all Board of Health standards, with the expectation of receiving the letter grade “A”. Brings any issues to the attention of the General Manager.
· Maintains all equipment and assists with maintenance.
· Provides the General Manager with feedback related to kitchen performance.
· Ensures that all kitchen staff are taught how to execute catering orders flawlessly.
· Conducts regular visual and taste tests to ensure food is of highest quality and prepared to specification, takes corrective action when it is not.
· Ensures that the front line is prepared and stocked for peak periods and that the kitchen is preparing smaller batches more frequently during slow periods.
· Must be DTU compliant, knowledgeable regarding navigation, and follows up with trainees to ensure they are complying.
· Adjusts the prep sheet as needed to ensure proper production for each shift. Follows up with the GM to ensure communication of any adjustments.
· Completes food orders for the store in coordination with the GM.
· Assists with the scheduling of kitchen crew.
· Must have Food Handlers card.
· Must be able to comfortably lift up to 40 lbs.
· Must be comfortable standing for long periods of time in one place.
· Must be able to communicate in English, both written and verbal
· Must show leadership qualities
Our Core Values
TOTAL RESPECT We respect our guests and appreciate their decision to walk in our door. We respect each other and value the hard work we do together. We respect the earth by sourcing high quality ingredients and promoting sustainability. We respect our restaurants by keeping them sparkling and treating them with care.
GENUINE WARMTH Our friendliness and warmth towards our guests never fails to make their day better. Our warmth and support with each other makes Dos Toros a great place to work. Our warm and inviting atmosphere is fun and groovy. Yes, groovy. Our warm and delicious food is comforting and highly crave-able.
UNCOMPROMISING EXPERTISE We don't take any shortcuts when it comes to flavor - we do things the hard way. We are experts at prepping our ingredients and executing our recipes accurately. We assemble our food expertly - with speed and care. We are experts at food safety and sanitation, and stay vigilant against carelessness.