- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect.
Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States.
To find out more about Plan Do See please visit: http://plandosee-global.com.
Paley is the first West Coast opening from Plan Do See, a top global hospitality group. Located in the iconic former CBS building, Paley is named in celebration of the artistic and innovative era shaped by its progressive visionary leader William S. Paley and his wife Babe. The 245-seat restaurant features an expansive glass wall and outdoor patio overlooking a sculpture plaza, and offers California cuisine based on French modern technique with global flavors and local sourcing.
The right candidate for this opportunity will exhibit passion for excellence, flair for service and possess a level of confidence in their sophistication and style. This person is a leader in the industry and has a strong aptitude for mentoring others.
Food & Beverage Manager will have a strong background specifically in beverage service, including wine, spirits, and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic offerings. Strong candidates will also show proficiency in inventory management as well as the ability to create and maintain an innovative cocktail and wine list in the style of Paley service and food offerings.
Food & Beverage Manager will be a crucial element to the success of the operation. They will be responsible for training, developing and monitoring staff interaction with guests. They are also responsible for upholding high standards of service and true hospitality as well as consistently infusing the staff with an “above and beyond” mentality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operate restaurant to specifications, upholding high standards and impeccable service.
- Ensure service style and standards are met and guest expectations are exceeded.
- Identify guest needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns.
- Monitors guests and internal feedback and takes corrective action as required ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Interview, train, supervise, mentor, develop, and evaluates staff.
- Schedule staff appropriately based on business needs.
- Maintain beverage based on business levels and guest preferences, this includes ordering as well as weekly inventories.
- Curate beverage program, adding wines and cocktails based on seasonality and guest preferences.
- Train and mentor staff on wine, cocktails and spirits with a strong emphasis on ongoing classes and education.
- Hold staff accountable for their areas of responsibility and clearly articulate expectations.
- Maintain effective relationship with food & beverage management, staff and all departments.
- Assist in managing monthly food, beverage and labor in an effort to minimize expenses and overtime.
- Ensure that paperwork is processed for bookkeeping and payment.
- Report to management regarding sales results and productivity.
- Act as a brand ambassador for all Plan Do See LA properties.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Job description may be changed at any time.
- The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- Three (3) years of experience in a similar position.
- Must be able to speak, hear, understand, read, and write the English language.
- Excellent knowledge of wine, spirits, and liquors and their proper service, with the ability to design pairings and cocktails to match food.
- Proficiency in OpenTable or similar reservation system.
- Proficiency in MICROS or similar POS program on a managerial level.
- California Food Handler’s Card.
- High school diploma.
- A general knowledge and understanding of Los Angeles current events, cultural and culinary happenings.
- Experience as Food & Beverage Manager in upper-casual/fine dining restaurant or luxury resort/hotel.
- Experience with inventory and ordering of wines, liquors and other beverage essentials.
- Understanding of Department of labor standards.
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, staff and guests).
- Solution oriented
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel/Word/Outlook).
- Must have proven leadership skills and teambuilding skills.
- Must have a aptitude for guest relations.
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Capable of analyzing business outcomes and scheduling appropriately.
- Conflict resolution sensibility, both with staff and guest.
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant walking, sitting, and standing.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop
- Frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company with a core business in hotels, restaurants & bars, wedding & events, and consulting. Plan Do See’s headquarters are located in Tokyo and New York. Their mission is to create hospitality destinations around the world that offer memorable experiences and together build a lasting, positive relationship with our guests, partners, employees and communities. Plan Do See has been honored with a top 3 spot on the list of The Best Workplaces in Japan recognized for its dedication to sustain high-trust cultures for their employees.